Victor Cox in the top six at Snetterton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Victor Cox in the top six at Snetterton
[Image: blackhorsekawasaki.gif]

Victor Cox was the highest placed Kawasaki rider as he took the Blackhorse Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R to a great sixth place finish in Round Seven of the National Superstock 1000 Championship at Snetterton.

Victor has quickly adapted to the Kawasaki and he finished the first qualifying session in 11th place and was confident of further improving on this, however emergency circuit repairs on Saturday meant the second session was cancelled and therefore Victor started the race from the third row of the grid.

As the race got underway Victor was soon in the thick of things as he battled his way through to seventh only for the race to be red flagged after a couple of laps. In the re-start Victor again got quickly down to business and at the end of the opening lap he was holding 9th place and became involved in a real scrap with James Hillier and Dennis Hobbs with the three riding in close company for the next few laps. At the halfway point Victor was on the move and got past Hobbs and set his sights on Hillier whom he passed on the next lap, however Hobbs fought back and moved ahead of both Victor and Hillier a lap later.

But Victor wasn't finished yet and showing great determination, he got past Hobbs on the next circuit to regain seventh place, by now Hillier had lost touch and it was left to Victor and Dennis to battle it out for the remaining three laps with Victor increasing his advantage to get the verdict at the flag.

Afterwards it soon transpired that Scott Smart had been disqualified thus moving Victor up to sixth, a great result in what was only his second ride for the team.

[Image: VictorCox.jpg]

Ian Lougher:

"A terrific ride from Victor which moves him into the top ten in the championship. He's a great guy to work with and we are really looking forward to his wild-card ride at Silverstone."

Victor Cox:

"That was a great race, I really enjoyed it and sixth in the end was excellent. I felt I could have ran with the leaders but got held up a bit in the early stages. Nevertheless I'm really pleased with sixth, I love the Ninja ZX-10R and can't wait until Silverstone for the World Superstocks."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Website Find Reply