World Superbike Wild Card for Bridewell
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
World Superbike Wild Card for Bridewell
[Image: quaygarageheader.gif]

Quay Garage Honda rider Tommy Bridewell has secured a prestigious wild card entry for the forthcoming Hannspree World Superbike Championship round to be held at Silverstone on August 1st.

Having proved to be a regular thorn in the sides of the established works stars in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship already this season, with a best result of fourth place at Cadwell Park in May, the 21-year-old from Etchilhampton near Devizes in Wiltshire will race the ex-Gregorio Lavilla Honda Fireblade against some of the world's best riders and will join seven other British riders contesting their home round.

Bridewell is no stranger to World Championship action having raced as a wild card at Portimao in 2008 aboard a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K6 whereby he qualified ahead of the factory Kawasaki of Makoto Tamada and PBM Honda's Chris Walker before claiming a best result of 25th.

Tommy also raced in a handful of 2009 FIM Superstock 1000 Cup races for the Lorenzini by Leoni factory-supported Yamaha team with a best result of 13th at Valencia and has experience in the Suzuki GSX-R European Cup whereby he finished on the podium at Silverstone in 2006.

Tommy Bridewell:

"I'm absolutely delighted to be given the chance to race at my home round of the World Superbike Championship and can't wait to get going and to put on a good show. While we don't underestimate the level of competition, the old girl is still competitive and we have proven that already this season so it's our kind of stage and anything can happen. It's an additional drain on resources and the budget is tight for our BSB season so I'm planning on selling a couple of my toys to pay for it, which will be well worth it if I can put myself in the shop window by beating a few of the established stars and gaining a few points along the way."

A number of strictly limited individual sponsorship packages starting from as little as £500 to include machine branding, VIP passes and hospitality are available by contacting Sue Jobling at Cartersport Motorsport Media & Management on 01609 761346 or email cartersport@btconnect.com

Tommy Bridewell Rider Profile

Full Name: Thomas George Bridewell II

DOB: 06/08/88 - 21 years old

Place of birth: Bath, Wiltshire

Home Town: Devizes, Wiltshire

Hobbies: Motocross, minimotos, jet skiing, fishing

First race: Darley Moor, 1999

Favourite track: Silverstone, Brands GP & Misano

2010 race bike: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

Tyres: Pirelli

Personal sponsors:

Wayside Garage, Total Butler, G&S Fruits Supplies, Devizes Building Supplies, F & A Edwards

Career Highlights

1999 - Darley Moor Formula 125cc Champion aged 12

2000 - Badly broken leg at Snetterton ruled out much of 2001 & 2002

2003 - Youngest rider to take a British Championship pole at 14. Podiums & race wins in GP125cc class ending up 4th in championship

2004 - 8th 125cc British Championship, won Mondello Park round, raced in Euorpean Championships at Valencia and Jerez.

2005 - Youngest rider to race in Virgin Mobile Cup. Four pole positions, four race wins & numerous lap records, 2nd overall to Brendan Roberts in Championship

2006 - 20th British Supersport Championship with Vivaldi Racing with top ten placings at Mallory Park & Croft. 2nd in Suzuki GSXR Cup at Silverstone, 4th at Misano and 6th at Lausitzring

2007 - 19th British Superbike Championship with Team NB with top ten placings at Silverstone & Snetterton. Missed most of second half of season after getting injured at Mondello and elder brother Ollie was killed at Mallory but bounced back to score a point in final round at Brands.

2008 - Italian Superbike Championship with Team NB and Suzuki GSX-R European Cup. After being injured and breaking his leg in the opening round, Tom battled back with a string of top ten placings and even rode in the final round of the World Superbike Championship at Portimao finishing 25th.

2009 - Started season in FIM Superstock 1000 Cup with best result of 13th at Valencia before returning to British Superbikes and finishing fifth in the BSB Cup with seven wins aboard late brother Ollie's Suzuki K6.

2010 - British Superbikes with Quay Garage Honda, best result to date 4th at Cadwell Park.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Website Find Reply