WSB stars Haslam and Guintoli return to Brands Hatch BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WSB stars Haslam and Guintoli return to Brands Hatch BSB
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: worldsbkhdr.gif]

World Superbike Championship stars Leon Haslam and Sylvain Guintoli will make a special guest appearance at Brands Hatch during the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship round on 7/8 August.

Haslam and Guintoli will join the Rizla Suzuki MotoGP team to complete demonstration laps on their Alstare Suzuki World Superbikes as part of the anniversary celebrations taking place at the Kent circuit during the biggest event on the BSB calendar.

Haslam currently lies second in the WSB championship standings and is fighting to secure a maiden World Superbike Championship crown with Suzuki this season as the Japanese manufacturer celebrates their 50th year of racing and the 25th anniversary of the GSX-R. The former BSB title contender will be at Brands Hatch meeting fans before completing demonstration laps on Sunday, whilst Guintoli will appear on the Saturday.

The Suzuki celebrations at Brands Hatch mark the return of former BSB ace Guintoli to the British Superbike paddock after his switch to WSB this season. He became a firm favourite with the British fans after his spell in the 2009 championship with the Worx Crescent Suzuki team, which included a victory and podium finishes.

Haslam said:

"I am really excited about the Brands Hatch weekend as it is going to be a big celebration and it will be great to have the chance to ride my Alstare Suzuki race bike around the Grand Prix circuit. I was at Snetterton for the previous round of the BSB championship and Tommy Hill put in three strong performances for Suzuki, so I will be there to cheer him and do some flying laps on Sunday."

Guintoli said:

"I can't wait for this event as last year I never got the chance to ride the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit as that was one of the rounds I missed through injury. I did a few laps in a car but to get out there on the Alstare Suzuki race bike is going to be awesome and I am looking forward to coming back for a BSB event. I had a lot of support from the British fans last year so I am looking forward to catching up with them."

Suzuki GB marketing manager, George Cheeseman concluded:

"With the earlier confirmation of the MotoGP demonstrations, we're now delighted to enhance the line-up with Sylvain on Saturday and Leon on Sunday, adding to what's set to be a fantastic BSB round. As well as our MotoGP and World SBK riders, fans will get the chance to win a goody bag every fifteen minutes, meet the riders and even be in with a chance of winning a pillion ride with three times BSB champion, John Reynolds."

Advance adult weekend admission tickets cost just £30 online with children aged 12 and under admitted free.
Limited grandstand and camping tickets are also on sale now.
For more information and to book visit http://www.brandshatch.co.uk or call 0870 950 9000.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Website Find Reply