SWAN HONDA SET TO FIGHT BACK AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN HONDA SET TO FIGHT BACK AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team return to action this weekend (7/8/9 August) following a three week break at the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit for the eight round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

The team had a tough weekend last time out at Snetterton, but both James Ellison and Stuart Easton have vowed to come back stronger this weekend at the triple-header event. Both riders currently lie outside of the all-important top six in the overall standings, but with 75 points up for the taking this weekend, it could prove to be the turning point in the season for the Swan Honda team.

Ellison said:

“The pressure is on, but then it has all year for me. My attitude to these races is the same as ever, I am going there to win. Mathematically it is still possible for me to get into the top six, but I am not going to Brands Hatch thinking about points and positions, my attitude is simply that I am out there to win and do my best as ever. In the Snetterton races, I had the pace but it turned out to be a frustrating weekend, I got a seventh place, then was mugged in the second one to finish fourth and then I was taken out in the third; the pace was there though and going to Brands Hatch I am aiming to build on that.”

Easton said:

“It will be good to be back this weekend and Brands Hatch is going to be a big weekend for everyone. I am really determined that this is the round where we can turn things around and I want to prove that I can win again - starting at Brands Hatch. Last year I was the most consistent rider; I had 14 podiums and two wins but you look at this year and it just hasn’t happened so far. I know as a team we have the potential to bounce back though and all I can do is race to the best of my ability. We have had a horrendous run over the past few races but we intend to put it right in the three races at Brands Hatch.”

[Image: swanhonda1.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Website Find Reply