Lowry gets Kawasaki WSB call up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowry gets Kawasaki WSB call up
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Ian Lowry returns to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship this weekend as he received a last minute call up to join Tom Sykes in the Kawasaki World Superbike Championship team for Brands Hatch this weekend.

Lowry made the quick dash from his home in Ireland yesterday and in the opening free practice session he finished 13th fastest, but was happy with his first ride on the Kawasaki as he returns to action following stints in BSB earlier this year, Moto2 and the World Supersport Championship. Lowry was one of the revelations of the 2009 BSB season when he finished fifth in his rookie year with the Relentless Suzuki team.

Lowry said:

"It was a real last minute call for this weekend; I was sitting in the hairdresser yesterday afternoon and then I got a call about riding for the team. It is a great opportunity for me to have a chance to ride the bike and after the first session all I can say is that it felt awesome to ride and so different from the other bikes I have ridden this season. To be 1.3 seconds off, having not ridden it before has given me a boost and I have been instantly impressed. I just need some more time to get the mileage in and then I am sure I can be up there. I know the team understand that I haven't ridden too much this season so this has been a good confidence booster so far and we will go from here and aim for improvements for the next one."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Website Find Reply