LAVERTY OUT TO 'SPOOK' HIS RIVALS AT BRANDS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
LAVERTY OUT TO 'SPOOK' HIS RIVALS AT BRANDS
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

After spending Thursday doing some PR work at the London Dungeon with a number of his main BSB rivals, Michael Laverty, currently fourth in the overall standings, is preparing some scare tactics of his own for this weekend’s triple header at Brands Hatch on the GP Circuit.

The Relentless by TAS Suzuki rider comes into Brands full of confidence after his Snetterton podium a few short weeks ago. But Laverty also knows just how important the Brands GP weekend will be, with only Cadwell Park to come before the merciless cut off for those outside the magical top six.

Michael Laverty

I’m looking forward to getting back on track this weekend as the Brands Hatch GP circuit is always fun to ride, although it can also be a challenging circuit for set-up. I always enjoy that side of things so I’m looking forward to working with my crew to get the best out of my Relentless by TAS Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike. The aim this weekend is again to score as many points as we can, therefore ensuring our spot on the Showdown.”

Alastair Seeley also had a strong weekend at Snetterton, with the BSB rookie taking his second podium of the year. Unfortunately his DNF in race three dropped him to seventh place in the provisional championship standings, but the current British Superstock champion is relishing the challenge that the Brands GP circuit will throw up.

Alastair Seeley

“We had a good weekend at Snetterton apart from the DNF in the final race, but these things happen in racing when you’re pushing hard at the sharp end, and it hasn’t dented my confidence coming into this weekend’s triple header. I’ve been keeping myself sharp off the bike and competed in the Sperrin Cycle Challenge last weekend back home in Northern Ireland with my team-mate Cameron Donald and Philip Neill the team boss. There will be a big Suzuki presence at Brands Hatch, so I’m hoping to put in a solid weekend and score enough points to get us back into the top six. That would set me up well for Cadwell Park at the end of the month.”

Australian international road racing star Cameron Donald will be making an appearance in the National Superstock class this weekend in Relentless by TAS Suzuki colours, in preparation for the forthcoming Ulster Grand Prix in seven day’s time. And as team boss Philip Neill explained, 'it’s going to be a busy weekend for all involved'.

“This is a very, very pivotal round in the chase for the championship top six this weekend – where we will be involved in three very important races. Both riders need to be consistent throughout the weekend to maintain and strengthen their Showdown possibilities. At recent events the boys have shown they are well up for the job and have been fighting for wins and taking podium points. It’s also going to be a great weekend for Suzuki with the MotoGP and World Superbike teams performing demonstration laps; hopefully we can add to the Suzuki celebrations with some podium results.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Website Find Reply