Seeley takes maiden BSB race win
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley takes maiden BSB race win
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Relentless Suzuki's Alastair Seeley will be celebrating tonight after securing a maiden BSB race win at Brands Hatch this afternoon as he mastered the wet conditions to fend off Michael Rutter who had led before the restart.

Seeley said:

"It is unbelievable to have won the race and I feel on top of the world right now. This is what I came to BSB to do and the team gave us a good package to be up the front. It was a bit touch and go at the beginning as I just needed to push my way through and get to the front. I lost count how many times I had slides, or felt like I was on the edge, but the top step of the podium is just the best feeling and I want to do the same tomorrow now."

Ryuichi Kiyonari took the whole shot off the line into Paddock Hill Bend for the first time, but as the pack turned into Druids Michael Rutter had pushed his way up the inside, whilst as the time they reached Graham Hill Bend it was Seeley that had taken the lead.

Seeley then pushed at the front on the Relentless Suzuki, as Rutter chased him hard to try and regain the position, with the gap changing lap on lap as the pair played a game of high speed attrition but Suzuki reigned to add to their celebrations this weekend.

Kiyonari returned to the podium in third as he fended off his team-mate Josh Brookes who was forced to settle for fourth on the second HM Plant Honda. Tom Sykes ended the race in fifth as he held a comfortable gap over Michael Laverty on the second of the Relentless Suzukis in sixth, who managed to pass James Ellison on the penultimate lap.

Yukio Kagayama finished eighth as his team-mate Tommy Hill struggled on the second Worx Crescent Suzuki and finished 15th. John Laverty and Ian Lowry rounded out the top ten.

It was another nightmare race for Stuart Easton who crashed out at Paddock Hill Bend with two laps remaining, whilst Simon Andrews also ended up in the gravel at the same point.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, race one result:

Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.298s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +1.470s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +2.926s
Tom Sykes (Kawasaki WSB) +14.320s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +17.241s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +21.713s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +23.516s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +24.738s
Ian Lowry (Kawasaki WSB) +26.213s

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after race one:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 229
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 219
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 209
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 193
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 185
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 153
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Website Find Reply