Sykes' green day at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sykes' green day at Brands Hatch
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tom Sykes celebrated his first BSB race win since Knockhill in 2008 this afternoon, as the Kawasaki WSB time secured the second race win of the weekend at Brands Hatch as he fended off the challenges of Ryuichi Kiyonari. However, following mixed results Josh Brookes, Tommy Hill and Ryuichi Kiyonari are now equal on points in the overall standings going into the final race of the day.

Sykes said:

"It's nice to be back and that was a good race. I was pleased to get out front and we made big changes since yesterday and they clearly paid off, so thanks to the team for their hard work. We now want a repeat performance in the next one to try and make it a double."

Michael Rutter had taken the hole shot off the line into Paddock Hill Bend on the restart, with Kiyonari in second and Sykes tucked into third place. Sykes then took second place from Kiyonari on the run into Clearways on the opening lap.

Rutter held the lead until the fourth lap when Sykes repeated his previous passing manoeuvre at Clearways to take the lead and put Kawasaki at the front of a BSB field for the first time since Mallory Park last season.

Sykes then held the lead, but Kiyonari was up to second following a determined move at Surtees on Rutter and then the HM Plant Honda was shadowing the Kawasaki. However, despite looking to try and pass throughout the closing laps he was unable to make it stick and had to settle for second with Rutter holding third.

Michael Laverty had climbed to fourth and was coming under from pressure from Swan Honda's James Ellison who had closed in on the lone Relentless Suzuki rider, but Laverty was able to hold the advantage to the finish. Tommy Hill fought his way through the field to finish sixth after making the move on Stuart Easton with four laps remaining. Yukio Kagayama diced with Dan Linfoot for eighth, with Gary Mason on the MSS Colchester Kawasaki rounding out the top ten.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, race two result:

Tom Sykes (Kawasaki WSB)
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +1.118s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +3.497s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +4.000s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +4.189s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +11.142s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +11.182s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +11.937s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +15.507s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +15.637s

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after race two:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 229
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 229
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 229
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 206
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 201
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 153
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
08-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Website Find Reply