BBC Sport NI to enhance Ulster Grand Prix coverage
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BBC Sport NI to enhance Ulster Grand Prix coverage
[Image: bbcsport.gif]

BBC Sport NI is to enhance its coverage of the Ulster Grand Prix road races.

For the first time, the Dundrod races will be streamed live on the BBC Sport website, including stunning aerial footage from a helicopter camera.

Television viewers will be able to watch two one-hour BBC One highlights programmes and there will be coverage of the Dundrod 150 live on the web.

There will be live commentary on all Saturday's racing on BBC Radio Ulster, starting at 1030 BST on medium wave.

Coverage of the event will be provided by Greenlight Television, including on-boards that take the viewers onto the pillion seats during the races.

The highlights programmes will be available after the event on the iPlayer.

Stephen Watson will present the coverage, with expert analysis from 14-times Ulster Grand Prix winner Phillip McCallen.

The live video coverage will also be available to spectators at the event via giant screens in the paddock and at Leathemstown spectator area.

BBC Radio Ulster will provide live coverage throughout the day, presented by Joel Taggart, with post-race analysis from Liam Beckett.

Race commentary will be provided by Larry Carter, Adrian Coates, Richard Petrie and Michael Swann.

"The Ulster Grand Prix is one of the biggest events in the local road racing calendar, and also in the local sporting calendar," said BBC NI Sports Editor Shane Glynn.

"I'm delighted that BBC NI, in partnership with Greenlight TV, will be bringing our audiences enhanced coverage for the next three years across TV, radio and online.

"Two one hour highlights programmes, live online streaming of race day, and live coverage of race day on Radio Ulster is a comprehensive package of output, underlining our commitment to the event, and befitting the importance and history of the Ulster Grand Prix."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
10-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Website Find Reply