Donald And Anstey Well Prepared For Saturday's Ulster Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Donald And Anstey Well Prepared For Saturday's Ulster Grand Prix
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

Relentless by TAS Suzuki’s International Road Racers Cameron Donald and Bruce Anstey were back in action today at the Dundrod 150 Road Races – a mid-week warm up for the world famous Ulster Grand Prix which will take place this Saturday.

In a hotly contested Dundrod 150 Superbike race, Anstey and Donald were well to the fore throughout, with Donald setting the second fastest lap of the ‘one-fifty’ race at a staggering 131.68mph. Anstey came through impressively from a lowly grid position to take fourth position and the Kiwi, who hasn’t raced since the Isle of Man TT, is quietly confident of adding to his Dundrod tally on Saturday. The multiple NW200, Isle of Man TT and UGP winner has qualified on the front row for both the UGP Superbike and Supersport races.

Despite sligthly under-gearing his GSX-R1000 Superbike for today’s outing, Donald finished right behind his team-mate in fifth place. And with less than one second covering second to fifth position – it gives us a little insight to the pace we can expect from the world’s fastest road race on Saturday afternoon. Donald, like Anstey, is also on the front row for the UGP Superbike races; qualifying P6 for Supersport and P8 for the Superstock class.

Bruce Anstey

“I’m on the front row for the Superbike and Supersport races on Saturday, which isn’t bad considering I haven’t been on a race bike since the Isle of Man TT in June. I’m really looking forward to Saturday and hope I can pull some results out of the bag for the team. Today was a bit of a warm up. I had work to do, but came through strong and am happy with the result. The bikes are going really well so let’s hope for some top results in Saturday’s UGP races.”

Cameron Donald

I’m happy with my qualifying as I’m very comfortable with my Superbike set-up for Saturday and I know there is more to come from my lap speed. I’m really looking forward to ending my 2010 season in Relentless Suzuki colours with some podiums here at Dundrod.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager

“It’s always good to come back to the International Road Racing scene and even better to be back on the pace. Both riders showed good pace today and proved the strength of our GSX-R machinery in all classes. As today’s Superbike race more than demonstrated, the pace will be red hot on Saturday. Bruce is settling in well again and Cam had slighly under-geared his machine, so he could not use the speed of his Superbike to its full potential on the straights today. Hopefully the weather stays dry for Saturday when we should be well in the mix for some podiums.”

Dundrod 150 Superbike Race Results

Winner – Keith Amor [BMW]
2nd – Guy Martin [Honda]
3rd – Michael Dunlop [Honda]
4th – Bruce Anstey [Relentless by TAS Suzuki]
5th – Cameron Donald [Relentless by TAS Suzuki]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Website Find Reply