Brookes: Back home, recharged and ready to bounce back
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes: Back home, recharged and ready to bounce back
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes has taken time out since the Brands Hatch round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship to head back home to Australia, and now feels re-energised ahead of the Cadwell Park Bank August Holiday round next weekend (28/29/30).

Brookes dropped to third in the overall standings following a challenging weekend at Brands Hatch, but with just ten points between himself and title leader Ryuichi Kiyonari, he is focused on regaining the position at the top of the standings before the title Showdown gets underway once the championship leaves Lincolnshire.

Brookes said:

"After a few bad races I was feeling a bit down, but coming home always sparks me up so I thought I would use the time off to go back to Australia and see my family. I have had heaps of support from people back in Oz and everyone has been telling me to get back to BSB and win the title, which is really motivational.

"I have been all over the place on my visit home; from my local area of Sydney to catch up with friends, to Melbourne to see my manager, and finally up to the Gold Coast to hang out with a sponsor. I am also going to watch my mate Wayne Maxwell at the next round of Australian Superbikes.

"I liked Cadwell Park on my first visit earlier in the year and I loved the support that the spectators gave me for my jumping style over the Mountain so I'm looking forward to another strong weekend there. I want two good races so I can get back to the top of the standings before we get set for the Showdown."

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is the Showdown decider at Cadwell Park on 28/29/30 August.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Website Find Reply