Four Timer for Farquhar at Munster 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Four Timer for Farquhar at Munster 100
[Image: ryanfhdr.gif]

Ryan Farquhar's excellent form at the Irish National road races continued on Sunday when he took four wins at the Munster 100 Dunmanway road races in Cork, Southern Ireland. The KMR Kawasaki rider won the Open race and Grand Final on his 1000cc machine, the 450cc/125cc race on the 450cc Kawasaki and also the Super Twins race on his ER6 650cc machine.

The re-introduced races, held on a 1.8-mile circuit, were a popular addition to the 2010 calendar after a long absence although the weather on Saturday did its best to spoil things and constant rain meant that practice was untimed and grid positions determined by Championship positions. Thankfully, race day was a lot better and Ryan kicked off his day with victory in the Open race although it was a close run thing with Michael Dunlop pushing him all the way, the gap between the two just 0.7s at the chequered flag. Dunlop then turned the tables on Ryan in the Supersport 600cc race and he had to settle for second on this occasion, seven seconds adrift of his younger rival.

That proved to be Ryan's only defeat of the day and he made it win number 2 with a comprehensive 12.5s victory over William Dunlop in the concurrently run 125cc/450cc race. Again proving his excellent versatility, Ryan was then back out on the ER6 Kawasaki for the Super Twins and he duly completed his hat-trick with another dominant performance, this time coming home ahead of similarly-mounted John Burrows by 13 seconds. That left just the Grand Final and Ryan wasn't going to be denied his fourth win of the day and he again romped home for the victory, this time ending the race 3.6seconds ahead of his nearest rival, Michael Dunlop. He also set the fastest lap of the day, a new outright lap record, at 81.075mph.

Speaking later, a delighted Ryan said:

"It's been another really enjoyable weekend of racing and although the circuit was one of the bumpiest, tightest ones I've ever ridden on, the club did an absolutely fantastic job. They made everyone feel very, very welcome and they really couldn't have done any more for us so it was great to see race day have some fine weather a real good crowd turn out. The circuit was a bit like a mini-Macau or like the go-kart track that was used in Peel on the Isle of Man and it was real hard work on the 600cc and 1000cc machines so the smaller bikes definitely suited the circuit more but I was able to take another 4 wins and had a great time. I'll definitely look forward to coming back here in 2011."

Ryan now has a well-earned break from racing with his next outing coming at the Killalane road races on September 11-12, the final round of the 2010 Irish Road Race Championship.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Website Find Reply