Plater back in pursuit at Cadwell Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Plater back in pursuit at Cadwell Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Home hero Steve Plater makes his much-anticipated return to the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship this weekend with the HM Plant Honda team, following his horrific crash earlier in the season at the North West 200.

Plater had a dream start to the season, with two wins and a second place but the crash back in May left the reigning Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport champion nursing a broken arm and two broken vertebrae. Having been sidelined for six rounds he is set to make his return this weekend.

"I am feeling pretty good now and I am really buzzing about coming back, especially as it is mine and HM Plant Honda's home round," said Plater. "I don't have any pain now; the only thing is rebuilding the strength, which is always a problem when you have had an injury. I did a track day at Brands Hatch and I was so excited about getting back on a bike, so this weekend I will be like a kid in a sweet shop!

"I really would have liked to race at Brands Hatch as I love that track and it is less physical than Cadwell Park and if I am honest after the crash that was going to be my aim. However I didn't want to come back until I was completely ready and now I can get back out there and I am aiming for a podium, no question about it. All the time I knew I couldn't race because of the injury it was fine just watching, but from Snetterton I was really getting the buzz again."

Plater knows though that a return to the podium will mean a tough fight on his hands; eight different riders have already scored top three finishes this season and on home turf the battle will be on for the HM Plant Honda ace.

"I know the podium isn't going to be easy, as the other lads have had half a season nearly over me, but I want to put the Honda back up at the front again," added Plater. "The BMWs have been strong, likewise Glen (Richards) on the Padgetts Honda will be a real challenger, but I just want to get back out and do the best I can."

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is the Showdown decider at Cadwell Park this Bank Holiday weekend (28/29/30 August).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Website Find Reply