Stuart Easton: Out to joyride Cadwell
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Stuart Easton: Out to joyride Cadwell
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

I'm just going to enjoy Cadwell. I'm setting off early on Thursday to get set up and ready for the weekend.

To be honest I've not thought about breaking into the top-six shootout. It's a mathematical possibility, but the way I'm looking at it is that there are four rounds to go and I just want to win races.

That is what brings me satisfaction; that is what I get most out of in motorcycle racing.

The fact that I've crashed twice at Cadwell this year is preying on my mind a little bit. But I should be fine as they were down to the set-up we were running in pre-season and round four; last year we had no problems though, taking two second-place finishes.

I've also won in other classes there so I've no problem with the circuit. I really like the place: it's old school, like the Brands long track and Oulton Park, it's undulating.

It's great fun to take on The Mountain but you've got to treat it with respect; it can bite you if you don't. Superbikes were not built for jumps!

If you land crossed up or sideways it will spit you off in a blink of an eye. It can also derail chains and snap parts off the bike so you've got to treat it with respect.

It's not my favourite part of the track: I love the whole first half of it when everything is working well.

I crashed at the same place on those two occasions, at the entry to turn two, Charlie 1. It's the first right-hander.

It's been raining but if it's wet that's okay, we've got decent form in the wet. But I want one or the other - I'm not keen on damp conditions.

We are now using a different set-up, one more like that we had last year, which I hope will let me go there and joyride round it like I do every year.

The rear end is completely different now. We've gone back to a slightly modified version of the standard swingarm, the Kate Honda one.

It gives me a harsher feeling at the back end and we've changed the rear shocks spec to give me more support at the top of the stroke.

I was getting used to it at the last weekend and the results improved, so fingers crossed.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Website Find Reply