SWAN HONDA MAKE POSITIVE START TO CADWELL PARK WEEKEND
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN HONDA MAKE POSITIVE START TO CADWELL PARK WEEKEND
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team returned to action at Cadwell Park today for the ninth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship. James Ellison and Stuart Easton are now feeling positive after the opening two free practice sessions despite ending the day in ninth and tenth respectively.

The conditions changed throughout the day at the challenging Lincolnshire circuit and the team’s progress was halted early this afternoon when rain began to fall during the second free practice session. However both riders are looking forward to making further changes in the third and final free practice session tomorrow ahead of the Swan Combi Roll for Pole.

Ellison said:

“We started with different settings to what we used in testing earlier in the year and it didn’t feel right. I was running wide and not being able to take the lines I wanted, so we sat and looked at the data and then we made some changes for the afternoon. We went out and only got a few laps in before the rain which was a shame as we had a promising start to the session. I am fast through the fast, first sector but then I need to find some time through the Woodlands section tomorrow. I feel that we are in a good position though and I am looking forward to trying some other changes ahead of qualifying.”

Easton said:

“This morning didn’t feel too bad in the first session and we made a small change to the ride height; we took some weight off the front and shifted it to the rear then did the lap times on old tyres. We went a tenth faster than we had in the morning and then it began to rain before we had the chance to do some laps on the new tyres, which was a shame as we potentially would have improved our times further. I think tomorrow we have a lot to look forward to and we can make some real steps forward ahead of qualifying as that will be so important here.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Website Find Reply