Brookes goes fastest at Cadwell Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes goes fastest at Cadwell Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: hondahdr.gif]

HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes topped the second free practice session of the day at Cadwell Park, as he set the first 1m:27s lap of the weekend to remain ahead of Simon Andrews who had been fastest this morning.

Brookes set the fastest lap early in the session, before improving again to dip below a 1m:28s lap time and remained the only rider to do so as the conditions continued to change throughout the 50 minute second free practice.

Brookes said:

"In the first session we used the settings that we have raced on and developed over the past few rounds, what we have evolved since Mallory Park and Thruxton, which is different to what we raced with back in May. I was fastest for part of the session then we made some setting changes to the rear and it didn't work and then I dropped down the order at the end. In the afternoon we made some changes to the front forks and rear shock to do it all in one go and it was good. It put us fastest so if we do some more work on that tomorrow it could give us more but I am feeling confident ahead of qualifying."

Andrews moved second ahead of Tommy Hill at the half-way point, however the MSS Colchester Kawasaki rider was able to hold the position with Ryuichi Kiyonari moving third as the rain began to fall to nudge Hill to fourth. Michael Rutter was fifth on the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati, despite Gary Mason challenging for the position before the conditions changed and he was forced to settle for sixth whilst Yukio Kagayama improved to seventh.

Michael Laverty was the fastest of the Relentless Suzukis in eighth ahead of the two Swan Hondas of James Ellison and Stuart Easton in ninth and tenth respectively. The final Title Fighter place will be decided following the races on Monday, but Alastair Seeley was only twelfth fastest, just ahead of rival John Laverty on the Buildbase Kawasaki in thirteenth. Steve Brogan was the fastest of the Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo riders in sixteenth.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, free practice two result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 1m:27.945s
Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.480s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.662s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.680s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.748s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +1.025s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +1.038s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +1.297s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +1.593s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +1.943s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Website Find Reply