RELENTLESS SUZUKI PREPARE SEELEY FOR SHOOTOUT BATTLE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RELENTLESS SUZUKI PREPARE SEELEY FOR SHOOTOUT BATTLE
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

After a three week break, the Relentless by TAS Suzuki British Superbike team is looking forward to this weekend’s Bank Holiday return to Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire. Michael Laverty, already qualified for the Title Fighters’ Shootout with six podiums and one victory to date, will be looking for additional Podium Credits, whilst Alastair Seeley, with three podiums and one victory this season, will look to cement his top six position before the cut-off on Monday.

Michael Laverty
"I've got to admit that it’s a strange feeling going into this round with my Shootout slot already secured and only six points up for grabs should I score a double win on Monday. That said, it means I have no pressure on my shoulders this weekend, so it should be quite enjoyable and it will afford me more time to work on getting the optimum set up – almost like a testing scenario heading into the Shootout in a fortnight’s time. My Relentless by TAS Suzuki worked really well at Cadwell Park earlier this year and since then the team has made improvements to the bike, which I believe should be of benefit to me around this technical circuit. I’ll be hoping to at least replicate the double podium I had there in May."

Alastair Seeley
"This is an important weekend for me if I want to stay in the top six for the Shootout. My main goal is to score enough points to do just that and I’ll be working with the team on a strategy, although we'll not be making it too complicated. I’ll concentrate on the job in hand and let the others worry about making up the points’ deficit as I’m currently in the driving seat. I have the final Suzuki GSX-R Trackday to attend on Wednesday at Cadwell Park, so hopefully I can tell everyone I'm through to Shootout!”

Philip Neill – Team Manager
"After another successful break away from BSB to take in the Ulster Grand Prix, as a team, we are all delighted to be back at Cadwell, which should be a very exciting Bank Holiday meeting for the fans and riders. It’s a reasonably good circuit for us with Michael posting two podiums the last time we were here, and with some significant development made to our bikes during the break – in terms of horsepower – we are looking forward to putting this to good use over the weekend. Michael, as he explained, will look to add to his podium credits while Alastair will be looking for that final Shootout spot. No one could argue that he deserves the spot with his consistency, but he needs to forget all the hype and just get on with the job in hand. If he does that, I have every confidence he will be rewarded on Monday.”

British Superbike Race Schedule – Monday August 30 [both races 18 laps]

Race 1 – 1.30pm
Race 2 – 4.40pm

TV Schedule

Monday August 30

12:30-18:00 - Live Raceday on British Eurosport 2

Monday August 30

22:00-23:30 - Highlights on British Eurosport 2
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Website Find Reply