Hill storms to pole in the Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill storms to pole in the Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tommy Hill edged out Josh Brookes to steal the pole position at Cadwell Park this afternoon in a frantic Swan Combi Roll for Pole race one grid decider ahead of tomorrow's Bank Holiday races.

Hill said:

"It is important to be on the front row here and that sets us up well for tomorrow and fighting for the podiums and those credits. The last time I had a race win was at Thruxton which we need to change, but I have been happy this weekend, especially as we have now found a good wet setting this morning. We need the podiums before the Showdown; I messed it up here last time but tomorrow I want to get it right."

In Q1 Michael Laverty set the fastest lap for Relentless Suzuki in the final five minutes following a duel early on between Tommy Hill and Josh Brookes who were switching places at the top of the times.

Hill retaliated in Q2 by setting a lap time of 1m:27.943s to remain at the top of the times as Michael Rutter came within 0.344s of the Worx Crescent Suzuki rider with Ryuichi Kiyonari and Brookes third and fourth ahead of the final top ten shootout for the race one pole position.

In Q3 Brookes had been at the top of the times but it was Hill that secured his fourth pole position of the season in the closing stages with Brookes and Kiyonari completing the front row for tomorrow's opening race. Michael Rutter and Simon Andrews will start alongside Michael Laverty on the second row after the final qualifying session.

Hudson Kennaugh and Chris Burns' Spitlath Aprilias have been excluded from the Evo class for this event due to technical eligibility issues.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, Swan Combi Roll for Pole result:

Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 1m:27.578s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.352s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.493s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.660s
Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.766s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.767s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +1.079s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +1.550s
Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +1.701s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +2.404s

[Image: thillcadwell1.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Website Find Reply