Hill conquers Cadwell Park race one
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill conquers Cadwell Park race one
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tommy Hill gave Worx Crescent Suzuki team their first victory at Cadwell Park since 2004
in the opening race of the day after fending off the challenges from HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes.

[Image: thillcadwell2.jpg]

Hill said:

"It is nice to be back on the top step again; it has been a long time since Thruxton but that is what we needed and three podium credits is good for me and the team. We regrouped this weekend and worked hard on the settings and it paid off. We have had some ups and downs but now we are back on top and we need to do the same in race two."

Brookes got off to a flying start from the front row with Hill with Michael Laverty third and Michael Rutter in fourth and the Worx Crescent Suzuki rider was hounding his HM Plant Honda rival for the lead. Hill shadowed Brookes and on the eighth lap he made his move into Barn corner, forcing his way down the inside. Brookes then continued to put the pressure on Hill as the pair remained inseparable throughout the race, but Hill just managed to keep the lead in the final stages.

The battle for third changed several times during the race as Michael Laverty held the position over the opening laps; however Ryuichi Kiyonari was on a charge despite running sixth over the opening lap. He closed the gap to Laverty and on the twelfth lap he took the position from his Relentless Suzuki rival. He then set about closing the gap to team-mate Brookes but it was a tough task and he settled for his eleventh podium of the season.

Michael Rutter had initially been in the leading group but he later dropped to fifth place on the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati with James Ellison bringing the Swan Honda home in sixth position as team-mate Stuart Easton ended a disappointing twelfth.

Yukio Kagayama fought his way through to seventh on the second of the Worx Crescent Suzukis after getting the better of Alastair Seeley who scored another top eight finish. Seeley moved a step closer to becoming the final Title Fighter as rival John Laverty was involved in a collision with Tommy Bridewell on the final lap and crashed out at Barn. Bridewell completed the lap to finishninth ahead of Dan Linfoot in tenth for Motorpoint Yamaha.

UPDATE:

Bridewell has been excluded from the result following the incident with John Laverty, which promotes Linfoot to ninth and Easton to tenth.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, race one result:

Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki)
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +5.116s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +7.092s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +12.522s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +14.623s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +20.822s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +28.158s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +28.533s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +34.523s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +34.945s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2010, 06:43 PM by Malcolm.)
30-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Website Find Reply