Brookes wins war of the Wolds
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes wins war of the Wolds
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: hondahdr.gif]

HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes fought his way to victory in the second MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race of the day at Cadwell Park, to get the better of Worx Crescent Suzuki's Tommy Hill as the Title Fighters now brace themselves for the Showdown.

Brookes took the hole shot off the line to lead the pack on the opening lap but Hill was down the inside of the HM Plant Honda at Park to take the advantage, the move sent Brookes wide and Kiyonari then went for the gap to move second. The HM Plant Honda riders were tagged on the back wheel of Hill and the trio were then waiting to attack.

Brookes waited until the ninth lap to get the better of team-mate Kiyonari by getting the run into Hall Bends after getting a spectacular launch off the Mountain, to pass on the outside in sensational style. He then took the lead three laps later by repeating the move on Hill to take the lead. The race was then red flagged with four laps remaining when James Edmeades crashed heavily at Mansfield.

[Image: brookscadwell.jpg]

Brookes said:

"For race two we made the bike stiffer at both ends and the balance was good so I knew we had a good shot. I didn't get the perfect start and I was behind Kiyo and Tommy, but our pace was much faster than race one and I put a pass on both of them through the Hall Bends section and I knew Tommy would try and have a go back but I thought we had the pace to hold him off and then the red flag came out. It feels good to win again as that was always the goal and now we focus on the Showdown."

Michael Laverty maintained his fourth place on the Relentless Suzuki as he edged clear of Michael Rutter in fourth on the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati, who put himself ahead of James Ellison on the twelfth lap. Yukio Kagayama moved to seventh on the second of the Worx Crescent Suzukis whilst Tommy Bridewell made amends for his race one disqualification in eighth.

Relentless Suzuki's Alastair Seeley secured his position as the final Title Fighter in the Showdown in ninth with Gary Mason rounding out the top ten.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, race two result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda)
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.230s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.888s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +5.071s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +11.719s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +13.178s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +15.712s
Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +21.347s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +24.287s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +27.446s

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after Cadwell Park:

1. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 525
= Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 525
3. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 524
4. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 510
5. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 509
6. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 505

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is at Croft on 10/11/12 September.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Website Find Reply