Lowes wins to extend championship lead
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes wins to extend championship lead
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Sam Lowes took victory in the ninth round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship race at Cadwell Park as title rival CAME Yamaha's Billy McConnell crashed out whilst running second.

Gearlink Kawasaki's Ben Wilson had taken the lead off the line, but Lowes made his move at the Gooseneck on the opening lap to put the GNS Racing Honda at the front of the field. McConnell though was on a charge and went from fourth to second at the Hairpin and then looked set to challenge Lowes for the lead before making a pass at the Gooseneck as the pair ran side by side, the championship leader attacked straight back but then McConnell crashed out on the third lap at the Gooseneck. Graeme Gowland also failed to score points after he crashed out at Park on the fourth lap after a promising start.

[Image: slowes2.jpg]

Lowes said:

The race was good; I got past Ben and got my head down. It was unfortunate for Billy to crash as he had been fast all weekend, but I knew what I had to do and I just kept pushing. It is like a dream at the moment, especially to win at my home circuit but I know we need to keep winning if we want to be number one at the end of the season."

The battle for third was an intense fight between Wilson, Ian Hutchinson, Glen Richards and Jason O'Halloran as they scrapped it out throughout the race. O'Halloran moved ahead of Richards at Park to put the East Coast Racing Yamaha ahead. The Padgetts Honda rider then lost another place as the second CAME Yamaha of James Westmoreland joined the fight after working through from his seventh place on the grid.

Hutchinson was coming under pressure, but he in turn made a move for second on Wilson on the eighth lap at Park, before he cut back straight underneath into Chris Curve. Westmoreland then carved his way through the field and was up to third on the twelfth lap before passing Wilson for second at Park. Wilson then held off O'Halloran on the penultimate lap whilst challenging Westmoreland, but the race was then red flagged to clear Joe Dickinson's crashed PTR Honda at Mansfield.

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, Cadwell Park, race result:

Sam Lowes (GNS Racing Honda)
James Westmoreland (CAME Yamaha) +3.736s
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +3.916s
Jason O'Halloran (East Coast Racing Yamaha) +3.987s
Ian Hutchinson (Padgetts Honda) +4.418s

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings after Cadwell Park:

Sam Lowes (GNS Racing Honda) 171
James Westmoreland (CAME Yamaha) 136
Graeme Gowland (PTR Honda) 103
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 100
Billy McConnell (CAME Yamaha) 99
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Website Find Reply