ELLISON SECURES TOP SIX FINISHES AT CADWELL PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ELLISON SECURES TOP SIX FINISHES AT CADWELL PARK
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

James Ellison battled to a double sixth place finish at the ninth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park today as his Swan Honda team-mate Stuart Easton struggled with settings to finish tenth and eleventh.

Ellison raced for the first time at Cadwell Park and he continued to improve his pace and put in two hard-fought performances to finish both races in sixth place. Easton continued to struggle with settings and is now determined to turn things around at Croft.

Ellison said:

“It has been a bit of a frustrating weekend for us and two sixth places gave us some points, but it is disappointing as I was expecting more. I haven’t fought that hard for a sixth place in a while and it was just down to not getting quite there on the setting. I was particularly struggling through the Woodlands section with the steering and I just wasn’t able to take the tighter lines. We just need to get our heads together and resolve the issue for Croft. I was always a bit behind as the others had raced here back in May, but we were getting faster every session so that shows we were making improvements, so I am looking forward to getting back up there at Croft.”

Easton said:

“We struggled again here this weekend at the points where we had to carry corner speed; the heavy braking sections were not a problem but I was losing out at the faster areas. Myself and James had a similar problem and it had been the case for most of the weekend and we tried a whole spectrum of things but it never quite worked. This is a real tough circuit but we have to regroup and see what we can do at Croft.”

Team Manager Shaun Muir concluded:

“It has been a challenging weekend for the Swan Honda team, but James had a really positive two races, even though he finished sixth in both races. He had his work cut out having not raced here earlier in the year but he was determined to fight on. Stuart wasn’t able to find the form this weekend that we have previously seen from him and he has struggled with settings throughout the weekend. The team are now looking ahead to our home race at Croft in two weeks’ time.”

[Image: swancadwell.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
31-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Website Find Reply