SUZUKI ALSTARE REFRESHED AND READY FOR NURBURGRING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SUZUKI ALSTARE REFRESHED AND READY FOR NURBURGRING
[Image: teamsuzukihdr.jpg]

After the long summer break, Team Suzuki Alstare is looking forward to the 11th round of this year's Superbike World Championship at the Nurburgring in Germany this coming weekend.

The track is situated relatively close to the team's headquarters, so it will be almost a 'home event' and the fifth time that the Superbike World Championship has visited the 5.137 kilometre circuit, set in the Eifel mountains and, as usual, weather conditions are likely to play a great part in the proceedings.

Team Suzuki Alstare rider Leon Haslam lies 60 points behind series leader Max Biaggi but is determined to push the Italian as hard as he can and reduce the deficit in Sunday's races.

Leon Haslam:

"Last year I managed a sixth and a fifth on a privateer bike, so I am looking forward to this year's round and challenging for the podium in both races. For sure I would like to win both races and put pressure on Max, but there are a lot of good riders and good bikes out there and it's not going to be an easy weekend. But, I wouldn't be out there if I didn't like the battle and I get a real buzz mixing it with the rest of the top riders.

"We've had a good, long break and although I have been training hard and doing a lot of riding - mainly off-road - there is nothing like being on the track and racing flat out. All I can do is the best I can, beat Max in both races and hope he gets a couple of poor results."

Sylvain Guintoli:

"I didn't race at the Nurburgring last year, so this will be my first time there on a Superbike. I have definitely been happier these past few races and feel I now know a lot more about World Superbikes than at the start of the season. I know I say it a lot, but this series is so competitive and the smallest of margins can make such big differences.

"I have been keeping fit during the long break and cannot wait to be at the racetrack again and get back on my Suzuki Alstare GSX-R1000. As usual, my aim is to qualify well, be in a good place on the grid; and then fight for the podium."

2009 results:

Race 1: Ben Spies (USA-Yamaha), 2 Noriyuki Haga (JPN-Ducati), 3 Carlos Checa (ESP-Honda). 6 Leon Haslam (GBR-Honda). Sylvain Guintoli DNS.

Race 2: Jonathan Rea (GBR-Honda), 2 Spies, 3 Checa. 5 Leon Haslam (GBR-Honda). Sylvain Guintoli DNS.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply