Kiyo: Thinking of wins not the title
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo: Thinking of wins not the title
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

HM Plant Honda's Ryuichi Kiyonari is joint championship leader ahead of this weekend's opening round of the Showdown at Croft, but the former double champion admits he is not thinking of the title just yet and his focus remains firmly set on race wins.

Kiyo hasn't won a race since Snetterton and that has disappointed the Japanese ace who has declared that nothing less than victories will satisfy him this weekend, despite his recent run of six podium finishes which has been unmatched by his rivals over the most recent rounds.

[Image: kiyo2.jpg]

Kiyo said:

"At the moment I am not thinking so much of the championship and my focus is on winning races, as I want to be first and I have been on the podium at the last few rounds but not won for a few races now. I think after Croft I will look more towards the championship but there are seven races in the Showdown and we need to be trying to win all of them as otherwise I will not be happy.

"I feel that with each round we have been improving and getting faster; the HM Plant Honda is working much better and the whole team are working hard together to put us up there. I think now it is down to my riding and I will be doing all I can to win and beat the other riders. Croft is a difficult track with the bumps, but this is the same for all of us and I need to be back at the front this weekend."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
08-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Website Find Reply