Rivals ready to bring Lowes down
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rivals ready to bring Lowes down
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

There are just three rounds of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship remaining and as the title chase reaches Croft this weekend (10/11/12 September) Sam Lowes holds a 35 point advantage, however his rivals are lining up to end his winning streak.

Lowes said:

"I can't wait for the weekend to start, I am really enjoying my racing at the moment and it was special to take my maiden pole position and to win last time out at Cadwell Park in front of my home fans. I like Croft and know that I need a solid finish to the season to keep the championship title in sight. As a racer you always want to win so I will be chasing the victory on Sunday whatever the weather!"

Lowes was victorious last time out at Cadwell Park to take his run of podium finishes to seven, but CAME Yamaha's James Westmoreland fought back with a second place and hasn't given up on closing down the advantage this weekend at his home round.

Westmoreland said:

"Croft should be a good weekend for us; last year I led the race there and I see it as a second home race for me so that always gives you a bit of an extra boost. As a team we have been fast across the various circuits so it is just a case of stringing it all together. The goal, as always, is to win and we need to if we can still be in with a chance of the title. We are 35 points down now, but there are still three races to go and we won't be giving up just yet."

Graeme Gowland maintained his third place in the overall standings, but with Gearlink Kawasaki's Ben Wilson taking a podium finish at his home round there are only three points between them as the championship reaches the final stages.

Billy McConnell dropped to fifth in the standings following his crash at Cadwell Park whilst leading for the CAME Yamaha team; he is just four points adrift of Gowland in third and determined to make amends.

Jack Kennedy currently holds sixth, but only has a two point lead over Glen Richards on the Padgetts Honda in seventh but Dan Cooper is also just three points adrift of the former Supersport champion. Ian Hutchinson is still seeking his first podium finish of the season for the Padgetts Honda team in ninth overall, with just two points separating him from East Coast Racing Yamaha's Jason O'Halloran in tenth.

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings ahead of Croft:

Sam Lowes (GNS Racing Honda) 171
James Westmoreland (CAME Yamaha) 136
Graeme Gowland (PTR Honda) 103
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 100
Billy McConnell (CAME Yamaha) 99
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Website Find Reply