FRONT ROW START AT CROFT FOR SWAN HONDA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FRONT ROW START AT CROFT FOR SWAN HONDA
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

Swan Honda secured their best qualifying result in recent rounds at Croft this afternoon as James Ellison flew to his first front row start of the season after powering to fourth place in the Swan Combi Roll for Pole race one grid decider at the team’s home round.

Ellison had been running in the top five throughout the final Q3 session and he continued to improve his pace as the minutes counted down to give the team their first front row start since Oulton Park. Stuart Easton also had his best qualifying result since Knockhill and will start the opening race from seventh on the grid.

Ellison said:

“This feels like it has been a long time coming and the team have worked hard to get us back up here. This means a huge amount to me and probably more than the other riders as it is a significant moment as it is the first time I have been up there challenging for the front row since the injury. This is a big round for Swan Honda and hopefully we can repay the team, the fans and everyone who has supported us this season with a good result tomorrow.”

Easton said:

“That was a much better qualifying session for me and although I wanted to be higher than seventh, a second row start is not a bad place to start the first race from tomorrow. We have made some real progress with the engine braking system since yesterday and I did some laps with James to see where I might be able to pick up some more time. I think we have a strong and consistent race pace so I am feeling in a good position for tomorrow’s races.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Website Find Reply