Lowes crashes but takes pole
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes crashes but takes pole
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship leader Sam Lowes returned to the pole position at Croft this afternoon, setting the fastest time before crashing out in the final stages of the second session.

Lowes had been second to CAME Yamaha's Billy McConnell in the opening session, but with both riders crashing this afternoon it was GNS Racing that secured the tenth pole position of the season. McConnell will start from the front row in third despite a crash this afternoon when he tangled with TAG Triumph's Karl Harris and the pair both ended in the gravel.

Graeme Gowland made it a Honda one-two on the grid for tomorrow's race after he put in lap just 0.054s off the pole time to move ahead of McConnell whilst Alex Lowes will start from the front row for the first time this season on the Seton Tuning Yamaha.

Ben Wilson will start the second row for Gearlink Kawasaki after just missing out on the front row by 0.320s and he will be joined by CAME Yamaha's James Westmoreland who was sixth fastest with Jack Kennedy and Ian Hutchinson completing the second row.

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, Croft, qualifying result:

Sam Lowes (GNS Racing Honda) 1m:22.429s
Graeme Gowland (PTR Honda) +0.054s
Billy McConnell (CAME Yamaha) +0.137s
Alex Lowes (Seton Tuning Yamaha) +0.168s
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.320s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Website Find Reply