Bridewell Rocks At Croft
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bridewell Rocks At Croft
[Image: quaygarageheader.gif]

Quay Garage Honda rider Tommy Bridewell overcame the disappointment of a retirement in race one with one of his best rides of the season in the second race into seventh place as round ten of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship took place at a sun-kissed Croft in North Yorkshire this weekend.

For the second meeting in succession, 22-year-old Bridewell from Etchilhampton near Devizes in Wiltshire endured constantly changing weather conditions during practice but managed to slot the ex-Gregorio Lavilla CBR1000RR Fireblade onto row three for today's first 20-lap race.

In front of another large crowd, Bridewell was running inside the top ten in race one and looking good to improve as the race progressed when he was unfortunate enough to experience an exhaust breaking which forced him into retirement on lap 13.

However, with his performance in race one, his lap time was good enough to place him on row two of the grid for the day's second race and he made the most of his opportunity. Slotting into fifth on the opening lap, Bridewell remained in contention for the final podium place as half a dozen bikes battled it out for third position throughout the race whereby he finished in seventh place, just two seconds off a podium place.

The result consolidated the 11th place Bridewell holds in the points table going into the penultimate round at Silverstone in two weeks' time and with a top ten placing in the series still distinctly possible, Bridewell will be hoping the experience gained at last month's World Superbike Championship round will stand him in good stead to achieve that.

Tommy Bridewell:

"The frustration I felt in race one was somewhat eased in race two and I have to be reasonably satisfied with that performance. I felt in race one that I could have got a good result but then the exhaust split and my race was over. It just goes to show how important a good grid position is and from row two, I got a good start in the second race and went with the leaders. I hung on in there but I was on the limit and to be dicing with a load of factory bikes and riders was good. I thought a podium was possible at one point but it didn't happen but I'm pleased for the team and sponsors who have done a great job for me again. Roll on Silverstone and I'm hoping we can challenge once again for that elusive podium."

Ian Woollacott, Team Owner:

"What can I say!? Tommy has once again excelled and ridden beyond what should be expected of him. It was unfortunate to have the exhaust break in race one when he was doing so well and then in race two, I really felt a podium was possible and to miss out by just a couple of seconds and to finish ahead of one of the factory Hondas was simply unbelievable. We're all very happy and it will make the long trip home to Devon a lot better after that performance!"

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race 1 (20 laps)

1 Tommy Hill (Suzuki) 27m43.359s
2 Michael Laverty (Suzuki) +0.155s
3 Stuart Easton (Honda) +10.177s
4 Simon Andrews (Kawasaki) +13.512s
5 Dan Linfoot (Yamaha) +14.742s
6 Josh Brookes (Honda) +15.407s
7 Loris Baz (Yamaha) +21.044s
8 John Laverty (Kawasaki) +25.983s
9 Chris Walker (Honda) +26.304s
10 Gary Mason (Kawasaki) +26.670s
DNF Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda)

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race 2 (19 laps)

1 Michael Laverty (Suzuki) +25m42.670s
2 Tommy Hill (Suzuki) +0.202s
3 Stuart Easton (Honda) +8.534s
4 Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) +9.590s
5 Michael Rutter (Ducati) +9.833s
6 James Ellison (Honda) +10.138s
7 Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +10.730s
8 Josh Brookes (Honda) +11.619s
9 Dan Linfoot (Yamaha) +12.412s
10 Simon Andrews (Kawasaki) +16.489s

Championship standings (after 10 rounds)

1 Tommy Hill 570pts
2 Michael Laverty 554
3 Ryuichi Kiyonari 543
4 Josh Brookes 542
5 Michael Rutter 521
6 Alastair Seeley 506
7 Stuart Easton 160
8 John Laverty 158
9 James Ellison 131
10 Chris Walker 108
11 Tommy Bridewell 91
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Website Find Reply