British Superbike ‘Title Fight’ Goes to Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
British Superbike ‘Title Fight’ Goes to Silverstone
[Image: silverstonelogo.jpg]

Silverstone to host ‘Showdown’ round of British Superbikes on 25-26 September

Entertainment includes ‘The Red Devils’, bike displays and stunt rider Craig Jones

FREE Open Paddock, Pitwalk and Rider Autograph Sessions

Silverstone will host the Nissan round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (BSB) in association with Pirelli on 25-26 September. As the penultimate event of a captivating season for British Superbikes, Silverstone is also the second of three ‘Showdown’ rounds for the top six ‘Title Fighters’.

BSB is one of the most competitive two-wheeled race series in the world, featuring some of the most talented riders from both the UK and abroad. Following radical new rule changes for 2010 and the introduction of ‘The Showdown’ rounds, the racing at Silverstone promises to be fiercer than ever as the top six Title Fighters have been brought closer together in the championship standings.

Each Title Fighter started The Showdown with 500 points, plus additional points for each podium position they had obtained during the main season. As a result, the battle for the BSB crown towards the end of the season becomes even more intense.

Silverstone will host two BSB races on Sunday 26 September, with the new super fast 3.666 mile Grand Prix Circuit guaranteed to deliver thrilling ‘Showdown’ action. Tommy Hill (Worx Suzuki) currently leads the championship by 16 points over Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki), as HM Plant Honda teammates Ryuichi Kiyonari and Josh Brookes sit just one point apart placed third and fourth in the riders’ standings. As Silverstone’s BSB round approaches, there are just 28 points separating the top four riders.

The Northamptonshire track has invested more than £5 million in its new GP circuit, which delivered spectacular races when the MotoGP and World Superbike Championships visited Silverstone earlier in the year. The dramatic new section of track and ongoing improvements to spectator viewing facilities will all add to the exhilarating atmosphere of the BSB showdown.

In addition to all the British Superbike action, support races include the renowned British Supersport and National Superstock 1000 series. Off-track entertainment offers fans an air display from ‘The Red Devils’ on the Sunday, stunt shows from the talented Craig Jones on both Saturday and Sunday, plus free extreme funfair rides throughout the weekend. Ticket holders can also make the most of Silverstone’s open paddock policy along with the free pitwalk and rider autograph sessions.

Three giant screens will also be in place around the circuit to ensure spectators do not miss any of Silverstone’s on-track action. Popular viewing areas at Luffield, Arena and Copse will all provide views of the screens which will broadcast all of the races.

Great value Weekend Tickets (Friday-Sunday) are available to purchase in advance for as little as £32. Advance tickets for Race Day (Sunday) cost £27; and £15 for the Saturday. Tickets purchased on the day will be £18 (Saturday) and £34 (Sunday). Entry is free of charge for children aged 15 years and under*.

For further information, or to book tickets for the penultimate round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Silverstone on 25-26 September, visit http://www.silverstone.co.uk, or call 0844 3728 260.

Entry for children aged 15 years and under is free of charge.

Children must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times.

Each paying adult may accompany up to a maximum of four children.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Website Find Reply