Clear pole for Márquez at Aragón
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Clear pole for Márquez at Aragón
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

It was an eighth pole position of the season for the Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider, who lapped over half a second faster than the rest of the 125cc field in qualifying for the Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón.

Marc Márquez shaped up for the 125cc Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón in the perfect manner on Saturday by securing pole position for Sunday’s race, his eighth of the 2010 campaign. The Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider’s effort of 1’59.335 left him 0.563s clear of the remainder of his competitors in a clinical display.

Team-mate Sandro Cortese (Avant Mitsubishi Ajo) followed Márquez onto the front row with his effort of 1’59.898, with Nico Terol – second in the Championship at nine points adrift of Márquez – the third and final rider to get under 2’00” as he came in at 0.635s off his rival’s time. Efrén Vázquez (Tuenti Racing) secured his best qualification since the second round at Jerez by completing the front row with the fourth best time.

Pol Espargaró still holds hopes of challenging Márquez and Terol at the top of the Championship but the Tuenti Racing rider will start from the head of the second row after placing fifth in the session, with Bradley Smith (Bancaja Aspar), Randy Krummenacher (Stipa-Molenaar) and Johann Zarco (WTR Team San Marino) joining him across the second line.

[Image: marquezaragon1.jpg]

Jonas Folger (Ongetta Team), Tomoyoshi Koyama (Racing Team Germany), Esteve Rabat (Blusens-STX) and Danny Webb (Andalucia Cajasol) all secured starts from the third row.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Website Find Reply