LAVERTY LOOKING TO STEP UP TITLE CHALLENGE AT SILVERSTONE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
LAVERTY LOOKING TO STEP UP TITLE CHALLENGE AT SILVERSTONE
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

Relentless by TAS Suzuki ‘Title Fighter’ Michael Laverty, currently second in the BSB table, will endeavour to close the gap on series leader Tommy Hill this weekend, during the penultimate round of the 2010 British Superbike Championship at Silverstone.

Laverty’s 45-point haul at Croft just two weeks ago, which included his second victory of the season, brings him to within 16 points of Hill and the Ulsterman is confident of reducing that gap even further at the all-new Silverstone GP track.

“It's going to be an interesting weekend,” explained Laverty. “Every race is so significant towards the championship now; the pressure is huge and you can’t afford any mistakes but on the same token you need wins to be a true contender. I'm looking for a repeat performance of Croft, although ideally a double top would finish the weekend nicely. The team have brought some updates for the bike this weekend so we aim to be even stronger. Fingers and toes are crossed!”

Series rookie Alastair Seeley also made the Title Fighters’ Shootout and after a disappointing weekend at Croft, picking up just a solitary point in race two, the 2009 British Superstock champion will be looking to get his Relentless liveried GSX-R1000 Superbike back into the podium mix.

Seeley said:

“I’ll be looking to bounce back, from what I would describe, as a bad meeting for me at Croft. I’ve a feeling Silverstone should suit me better – it’s fast and flowing and it will also suit our bike. I’ve been watching the World Superbike races to get an idea where I should be on track and I spent some time at the workshop this week talking things over with the boys. I’ll be looking to qualify strong, get good starts in both races and end the weekend with solid finishes.”

Team Manager Philip Neill also agrees the Silverstone circuit should suit the Relentless by TAS Suzuki GSX-R1000s and is confident his team can build on Michael’s success in North Yorkshire.

“It’s a new track for all of us this weekend,” he stated. “We’ve been lucky enough to get the boys out at a track day and got some useful information from the circuit. Both riders coped very well and in all fairness I do feel it will suit our bike.

“We have increased our effort this past few weeks and with improved electronic strategies and engine specifications we have jumped forward again with machine performance.

“Both our riders are in the top six and we’ve nothing to lose at this stage. In some people’s eyes we have over-achieved already, so that takes the pressure off us as a team – although we will not be settling for second best.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Website Find Reply