Team Alstare Announcement
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team Alstare Announcement
[Image: alstarehdr.jpg]

Team Alstare hereby informs the international press and media that Leon Haslam has been released from the two-year contract with Team Alstare.

For the past six weeks Team Alstare has been waiting for an answer from its principal partner regarding the situation for the future of the Team.

Last week, after Francis Batta's visit to Japan, we were assured that an answer would be given to the Team before the race in Imola (September 23rd). Team Alstare received no news.

Such a lack of interest and an unclear situation from our main partner forces Team Alstare to let Leon decide his own future.

Francis and Patricia Batta have been in contact with Leon Haslam's advisors for the past few weeks and were informed that Leon had received some proposals from manufacturers.

It is therefore in total agreement between the parties that Leon was authorised to deal with another manufacturer in order for him not to lose an opportunity to further his future career .

Team Alstare, Francis, Patricia and all the staff want to thank Leon and his family for the fabulous season he achieved.

We all wish Leon all the best for the season 2011. We are disappointed to lose such a talented rider in whom we had put all of our hopes. Obviously our main partner did not share our opinion.

Leon Haslam will be released from his obligations with Team Alstare on Sunday night after the last race in Magny-Cours (October 3rd) in order for him to test with his new team.

Francis Batta
Team Alstare President

Leon Haslam:

“This year has been incredible, my best. I’m disappointed not to fulfill my World Superbike title aspirations with Team Alstare, as we planned one year ago. However, I am extremely grateful that they afforded me the opportunity in 2010 and then, graciously, have allowed me to depart in this courteous and gentlemanly manner.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply