Hutchy in hospital after Silverstone crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchy in hospital after Silverstone crash
The star of the 2010 TT Ian Hutchinson, who claimed victory in every solo race to become the first man in history to win five TT races in a week, is in hospital after a first lap crash while racing at Silverstone.

Hutchy was in the middle of the British Supersport Championship pack heading into Copse as the race got under way in very wet conditions. Several riders fell at the first corner, including Padgetts Honda rider Hutchinson, who was then hit by a following machine.

As more riders fell the red flag was shown, halting the race. The Bingley star, who was also dominant at the Ulster Grand Prix this year, was treated by medics at the track before being air-lifted to hospital in Coventry.

It was later confirmed he had suffered a compound fracture to the tibia and fibula in his left leg.

It is a terrible end to what has been one of Hutchinson's best seasons on the short circuits and roads, but with the road racing season over – bar the Macau Grand Prix – and only one round of the British championship to run, Hutchinson has plenty of time to recover before his 2011 campaign gets under way.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Hutchy in hospital after Silverstone crash
So sorry to hear that Ian has had an accident....We hope his fracture will heal as soon as possible and that he weill be back in the saddle for the final races of 2010.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
28-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Website Find Reply
deejay51 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Hutchy in hospital after Silverstone crash
Absolutely agree, Ian has had a brilliant year, I believe he has set a yardstick at the TT which has set a new winners benchmark for all forms of Motorsport world wide. All the very best Hutchy for a speedy and full recovery.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2010, 06:12 AM by deejay51.)
29-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Website Find Reply