TINMOUTH DELIGHTED WITH SILVERSTONE WIN!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TINMOUTH DELIGHTED WITH SILVERSTONE WIN!
[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Round 11 – Silverstone

24-26 September 2010

Ellesmere Port star, Jenny Tinmouth, took a dramatic victory in the British Supersport Cup at Silverstone last weekend which is run within the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship race. Having qualified in 22nd position on the grid she took the chequered flag in second position of the cup contenders, only to be promoted to first place an hour later, after the winner had been excluded due to a technical infringement.

Her weekend didn’t get off to a perfect start as during the first free practice session held in wet conditions, the bike was cutting out, but despite this Jenny achieved a time good enough for 17th position. With the track still damp in the afternoon Jenny had hoped for an improvement in pace, but she didn’t manage a flying lap due to still suffering with the problem that had hampered her earlier in the day, which left her a little frustrated going into the following day’s qualifying.

Conditions were fully dry for qualifying, despite their being a cold breeze, and Jenny got her head down setting some impressive lap times, ending up in 18th position after her morning run, her best lap being set at an average speed of 97.64mph, placing her as the second fastest of the cup competitors. The afternoon qualifying saw Jenny up her pace by over half a second, but she slipped down to 22nd position on the grid for Sunday’s race, importantly though, she remained ahead of her cup rivals, Dan Kneen, Max Hunt and Patrick McDougall, qualifying in second place of the cup competitors behind, Luke Mossey.

Morning warm up saw Jenny post her best time of the weekend, lapping the 3.67 mile Silverstone Arena GP circuit in a time of 2 minutes 14.579 seconds, putting her ahead of Triumph riders, AJ Venter, Lee Johnston and Dan Cooper.

The race itself was held in difficult conditions, with light rain falling, making the surface very greasy. The original race start was red flagged due to an incident involving several riders, which unfortunately has hospitalized Ian Hutchinson with a serious leg injury.

Upon the restart, Jenny got away well, holding 19th position at the end of lap one, and with the race being shortened to 8 laps due to earlier stoppages, she would concentrate on reeling the laps off to ensure a safe finish. By lap five she had progressed to 18th position and took the chequered flag in 17th position and second place in the Cup.

Later in the afternoon the results had been amended due to Matthew Hoyle’s bike failing a post race technical inspection due to an inoperative electric starter, which promoted Jenny to 16th position overall and to her first ever win in the British Supersport Cup, also setting the fastest lap by a cup competitor. The extra points mean that she leads the series going into the final round, but on count back, as the series is scored over nine rounds, not twelve, it’s going to be difficult for her to win the series.

“Well that was a bit of a rollercoaster of a weekend, we had some problems with the bike on Friday, and have to thank GNS Racing for their help in supplying spares. Once the bike was sorted, I got on with qualifying and was pleased with my times.

Conditions weren’t ideal for the race but we made the best of it and brought it home for a cup podium which was pleasing, then we discovered that Matthew (Hoyle) had been excluded which meant I had won! I'm gutted for Matty and its not the way I'd like to win the race but I am grateful for the promotion to first as the extra points put me closer in the title hunt going into the last round.

I’ve had a great season and just hope we can finish it off with a good performance at my ‘home’ round at Oulton Park. As always, a massive thank you to all my sponsors and supporters, and thanks again to GNS Racing for their help!”

Jenny Tinmouth #10

[Image: jennytwave.jpg]

The final round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship & Supersport Cup takes place over the weekend of 8-10 October at Jenny’s ‘home’ circuit of Oulton Park. Please come along and support her and celebrate what has been an awesome year for the fastest lady in Britain!

Photography by Paul Pearson

Written and distributed by Martin Knighton
Team Press Officer
Jenny Tinmouth Racing
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2010, 02:36 PM by Malcolm.)
30-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Website Find Reply