Hutchinson on the mend
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson on the mend
Padgetts Honda's Ian Hutchinson is making good progress in Coventry hospital following his first lap crash in the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship race at Silverstone last weekend.

Hutchinson, who became a record breaking TT winner earlier this season, was involved in a multi-bike crash on the opening lap of the race and was airlifted to hospital with a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula.

James Whitham visited Hutchinson in hospital and said

"I visited Ian in Coventry University Hospital yesterday and the general prognosis is much better than it was 24 hours ago. The main concerns on Sunday night were the blood supply to the lower leg and any nerve damage there may have been. But doctors are now confident that both these aspects of the injury are better than first feared. Ian will go into theatre today (Thursday) to have the tibia and fibula pinned. The lad is in good spirits and wants to thank everyone for their support and good wishes."

A welcome visitor to Silverstone last weekend was fellow Supersport rider Joe Dickinson, who is recovering from injuries sustained in a crash at Cadwell Park in August.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Website Find Reply