Crutchlow and Toseland complete eventful first qualifying in Magny Cours
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crutchlow and Toseland complete eventful first qualifying in Magny Cours
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike riders Cal Crutchlow and James Toseland wrapped up an eventful first qualifying session at Magny Cours today in fifth and 12th respectively. Both riders crashed during the session, Crutchlow at the first hairpin and Toseland at the last chicane. Both were uninjured and continued on second bikes, Crutchlow ending the session in fifth just three tenths off pole, Toseland in 12th, just half a second off the top of the time sheet. The top 15 riders of the first qualifying session were all within 0.6 of a second, promising close action in tomorrow's Superpole heats.

Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team (5th, 1'39.058)

"An eventful afternoon's qualifying session, I had a stupid crash which was my own fault at the start of the session, I ran the softer tyre which I didn't really like and ran into the corner too hot at the hairpin and lost the front. We had a couple of issues to sort then I went back out and went faster and faster every lap to get fifth at the end. I'm confident for the weekend, I think podiums are on the cards. I really want to get a win this weekend before the season is out."

James Toseland, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team (12th, 1'39.360)

"It's been a pretty good day in the end. I had a crash at the last chicane which put us back because we had a different set up on the bikes and we didn't have time to change the other set up for the spare bike so it wasn't working as well as the number one bike on this circuit. To say we're only half a second off considering this is pretty good. I think once we've got the bike fixed and made a few changes I'm pretty confident we're going to be up at the front."

Massimo Meregalli, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team Manager

"The two crashes we had today have obviously compromised the qualifying session a bit, fortunately both riders were uninjured and able to carry on. We had a couple of technical issues as well to solve, but for both riders to be within half a second of provisional pole on the first day is ok. We have one more day to improve the bike set up and we will do our best tonight to be better for the morning and ready for Superpole."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Website Find Reply