Sykes Eighth And Eleventh At Final Round
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sykes Eighth And Eleventh At Final Round
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

Tom Sykes ended his season with strong points scores and a championship classification of 14th at the final round in France, after he started each 23-lap race from the third row.

Sykes rode hard in the dry conditions on raceday and took away result he felt were as much as could be achieved at this particular circuit with the current race package.

Ian Lowry was a points scorer in each race, 14th in the first and 13th in the second, giving him his best weekend so far, if not his single strongest finish. That was 12th in race one, in Germany, at round 11.

The weekend crowd of over 80,000 were treated to an entertaining season finale, with race one taken by Cal Crutchlow and race two won by Max Biaggi, and with both Kawasaki riders battling with others throughout.

[Image: sykesmagnycour.jpg]

Tom Sykes:

“It was not the easiest weekend we had all year, but we improved on our qualifying position which is always a good target to meet. Overall I was not expecting to set the world on fire this weekend but the boys put in a lot of effort and I think we have achieved as much as we could have achieved this weekend. We got the best from the package. This year we have done more than we thought we were going to, but a lot of that was down to the massive effort the whole team and Kawasaki has put in. ”

Ian Lowry:

“In the points with 14th in the 13th in the last race and I am pretty happy, and the team is happy too. It is the same old thing I have been saying each race; I would just need some more time on the bike. I have really enjoyed my time with the team and I would like to thank Kawasaki and everyone involved or giving me this opportunity. It has been brilliant and I hope I have done a reasonable enough job for them.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM by Malcolm.)
03-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Website Find Reply