Rebranded Manx Grand Prix is hailed a success
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rebranded Manx Grand Prix is hailed a success
[Image: iomonlinegif.gif]

THE Manx Grand Prix 2010 has been hailed as a success as more than 10,000 people attended the festival.

The newly-branded Manx Grand Prix Festival saw a 4 per cent increase in visitor numbers arriving by sea, as fans flocked to the Isle of Man for the biking fortnight.

The increase follows the move by the Department of Economic Development earlier this year to bring four key events under one banner – the Manx Two-Day Trial, the Classic Trial, Vintage Motor Cycle Club meetings and rallies, and the Manx Grand Prix races run by the Manx Motor Cycle Club.

Fans and competitors were also treated to the VMCC's Festival of Jurby, which also attracted about 10,000 people, who were treated to a parade by 40 Isle of Man TT and MGP winners and podium finishers, a display of Italian Classic bikes – including MV, Gilera and Benelli as well as 80 BSA Gold Stars and hundreds of classic and vintage machines.

The TT Grandstand was one of the main areas of focus during the fortnight.

Read the complete story on the IOM on line website - HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Website Find Reply