HILL READY FOR THE BSB FINAL SHOWDOWN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HILL READY FOR THE BSB FINAL SHOWDOWN
[Image: worxsuzihdr.jpg]

Tommy Hill heads to Oulton Park circuit in Cheshire this weekend for the most important races of his career. With an 11 point advantage in the 2010 British Superbikes Championship, the final three races over the two days will determine whether the Worx Crescent Suzuki star will be crowned champion.

The event programme is slightly altered this weekend to accommodate the triple-header BSB races, with free practice on Friday then qualifying on Saturday, mid-day with the first race at 4.30pm. The last two races are in the Sunday programme which gets underway at midday.

Tommy Hill:

"I am not going into these races looking to defend my position. I've got an 11-point advantage - and I bet the other riders wish they had that - but I've seen it in Championships before: Attack really is the best form of defence, so I am going out there to win all three races and get the job done.

"I've said it already, I really like Oulton Park and I'm delighted this is the stage for the final Showdown. And I'm not just saying that, I've proven it with my two podiums here earlier this year - and back in 2009 I came away from this same meeting with a second, third and fourth. This is my playground.

"I've every confidence in the bike, in the team and my own capabilities. I've been training hard and I'll be racing hard. I can really only have the one objective: to be the 2010 British Superbike champion."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"We're really looking forward to this weekend. Since Silverstone we've been going through the bikes, double and triple-checking everything. There's nothing to be done to Tommy's bike now in terms of set-up - it's ready, we've got good dry settings, we've got good wet settings. The bike is prepared for battle; it's now for Tommy to win the war.

"There's no question that there's pressure of course as this is the big one. But we will stay calm and stay focused and be assured we're hungry for this championship - Tommy's hungry for it for himself, we're hungry for it as a team and Suzuki is hungry for it in this, the GSX-R's 25th anniversary year.

"Tommy doesn't have to feel pressured though, he is the man for the job, he's shown us weekend after weekend throughout this Championship that he can take it and he can dish it out and I'm so glad he's the rider we're supporting this weekend."

MCE Insurance 2010 British Superbike Championship

Title Fighter points standings with three races to run:

1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 589
2. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 578
3. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 574
4. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 570
5. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 546
6. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 529
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Website Find Reply