HM Plant Honda Set For BSB Title Decider At Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Set For BSB Title Decider At Oulton Park
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team are preparing for their final assault on the 2010 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship crown this weekend at Oulton Park in Cheshire as Josh Brookes and Ryuichi Kiyonari vie for the title at the season Showdown.

Josh and Kiyo currently lie second and third respectively in the overall standings ahead of the triple-header event and with the top three riders covered by just 15 points both riders are ready to fight to become 2010 champion.

In the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship Steve Plater will have two races this weekend following the cancellation of the round from Silverstone and is looking to end his season with a strong finish for the HM Plant Honda team.

Josh said:

“We are in a stronger position going into the final round than we were going into Silverstone so we are feeling confident ahead of Oulton Park. The pressure is now on everyone, but I have been in a similar position before so for me I will just do what I have done at every other round; turn up with the intention of winning. All of us will be riding at the top of our game at Oulton Park, every point is so important and could mean the difference between being champion and losing out. Simply in my own mind I have to win; it just has to happen.”

Kiyo:

“I like Oulton Park but I know that they will be three tough races there as we all want to win. The championship is really close and we are all going to be fighting hard as nobody wants to lose the title. I know that we can win, as I have done it before, but it is going to take more concentration than before and I will be pushing as hard as I can as one mistake means we could miss out. I want to be champion again and the team have worked hard so I don’t want to disappoint them. It is important for my career that I win again so I will be doing everything I can.”

Steve said:

"With the cancellation of the race at Silverstone we now have two bites of the cherry at Oulton Park. It has given me another couple of weeks to train and get stronger so I can be even more competitive in the final two races and edge my way nearer to a podium finish. "

Team Manager Havier Beltran concluded:

“The HM Plant Honda team have worked hard all season and this final round is going to be critical. The pressure is obviously on, but this is the same for all of the Title Fighters, but both Josh, Kiyo and the team have been in a similar position before so we are feeling confident ahead of the three races this weekend. There is sure to be three great races this weekend and the aim for the HM Plant Honda team is to leave Oulton Park with a third BSB title.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Website Find Reply