Laverty enjoys first Superbike experience on the Yamaha Sterilgarda WSB YZF-R1
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty enjoys first Superbike experience on the Yamaha Sterilgarda WSB YZF-R1
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Having signed to the Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team for the 2011 season 24yr old rider Eugene Laverty got his first taste of the YZF-R1 Superbike today at the Magny Cours circuit in France. The first of the team tests in advance of next year was marred by bad weather; heavy rain in the morning preceded a slowly drying track in the afternoon. Laverty initially spent some time out on the track on full wet tyres before changing to a slick rear and intermediate front for the final couple of laps of the day as the track dried out. Despite the wet conditions he was at home on the bike immediately, impressing the team with his feedback and pace over the day’s sessions.

Laverty wrapped up his World Supersport season in style at the weekend taking his eighth win of the season, securing second in the championship, and adding to his tally of five pole position starts and a total of ten podium finishes.

[Image: eugenelavert1.jpg]

Eugene Laverty said,

“I enjoyed the first experience, but I have to admit I was a little unsure beforehand what the power delivery would be like! I was pleasantly surprised; it’s been very smooth so far, although it was a little wet. We got a little dry time at the end so I got an insight into what it’s going to be like tomorrow with the full power when we get cracking in the morning. I feel very welcome with the team and really at home on the bike so I’m really happy.”

Frankie Carchedi, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team Crew Chief for Eugene Laverty

“Today was a good day as we were able to focus on getting Eugene physically comfortable on the bike, making some adjustments to fit his body size to the R1. The weather has definitely not been on our side so far but we made the most of the wet track to get him started with a softer setting. He exceeded our expectations in the short time we were on the track so we are looking forward to hopefully a dry day tomorrow to make further progress.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Website Find Reply