You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........
Well what a thread this has become. As The Clerk of the Course for the MGPSC I feel that I must react to the derogatory remarks made about myself and The Highly Regarded Scone Palace!!!
Whilst I can fully understand Cargos huge disappointment at not receiving a scone last year I feel his comments, if I had any emotions, would be hurtful, as the reasons for the non show of Scones were explained, with proof at last years MGP. The reason was simple, that by the time the scrutineers had taken delivery of their second double batch of Clotted cream and jam Scones, freshly prepared in The Scone Palace I might add, there was insufficient time to prepare any more due to haviung to change pistons in The Scone Rangers 250's, 2 sets each to swap and run in etc. Also Cargo, whilst YOU may not have realised it but we did YOU needed the low fat scones last year as well as this year but we don't do low fat!!!! smilie

Jan, I am as you quite rightly point out ' distinguished gentleman' smilie, I don't know who Justine is but I strongly urge you both not to heed any of these slanderous comments made by the 2008 Holy Grail Chaser and indeed you are cordially invited to visit The Scone Palace at any time of day or night although I must point out that whilst I am an ex road racer and young enough to be anybodies toy boy ( ref Cargo comment) I am the C.O.C for the MGPSC and therefore could not possibly engage in such activities as we as committee members have to be squeaky clean, whiter than white etc.

Scones are usually dispatched to MGPSC Committee members on the Sat 16th Aug in the early afternoon for approval for general release, then the Scrutineers just before 1st practice, quite rightly get the first public tasting, followed by allcomers from Sunday 17th onwards, stock permitting.

Boaksey, you are welcome to come and try the Scones, as C.O.C for MGPSC I will over turn the ruling that states you needed 6 tasting sessions first and allow you 2 large scones, stock permitting. However we do already have a Stealth and Safety officer for the MGPSC and he will do a thorough test on each batch before they are served.

Helen, I must point out that all of our Scones are supplied with usually clotted cream or in the event of a Manx National Clotted Cream shortage, then only the finest whipped cream is used instead.
You are of course cordially invited for a tasting session at your convenience.

Our team rider 'Brian The Scone Ranger Spooner' has been featured on the 'OFFICIAL' Manx Grand Prix website with our Scone recipe which has been supplied to the BBC for all to try.
http://www.manxgrandprix.org/Entries/light.html

Just click the link then click his name and you can see the high regard that Team Scone Ranger and The Scone Palace is held in.

Cheers
Russ Henley
Clerk of the Course Manx Grand Prix Social Club!!!!

smilie
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
20-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by cargo - 18-07-2008, 11:40 AM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 18-07-2008, 02:02 PM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 20-07-2008, 01:09 PM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 20-07-2008, 02:14 PM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by The Bag - 20-07-2008, 07:02 PM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 20-07-2008, 09:03 PM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 21-07-2008, 08:13 AM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 21-07-2008, 04:50 PM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 21-07-2008, 08:21 PM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 22-07-2008, 08:55 AM
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........ - by thewitch - 28-07-2008, 06:12 AM