A question for the classic boys
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
RE: A question for the classic boys
Hi Everyone,

I would just like to point out that this year a "traditional" single won the race, and still only one other person won a replica. Yes the Paton has a top speed advantage, but mostly a good single will out accelerate one (due partially to the 25kg plus weight advantage that the Paton gives away to the Seeley's etc), and the fact seems to be forgotten that the multi's all have to stop for fuel. We were very happy with the speed trap figure this year, as dad has worked long and hard to get the bike to this level. Dad is very good at developing bikes to their potential (you may have also noticed that his Enfield was the third fastest bike through the speed trap this year?), and both him and Olie are very good at getting top speed out of a bike - though it should be noticed that when this speed was recorded Michael had just passed Ol, so he had a fair tow at the right moment!

I'm as sad as anyone at the dwindling entries in the classic classes and hope that riders like you (Alan) will consider returning, as you are the guys that we need! I had planned my debut (on a G50 actually) for next year, but don't think I could put mum through it after the incidents of this year. Maybe in the future some time. But I am trying to get a rider, or even two on my sponsers bikes, and doing everything that I can to try and encourage more bikes onto the grid next year! If we let classic bikes die on the Mountain Course, they ain't ever coming back!

Dad may not return next year due to the incident with Ol, but if he does his goal would be the same as this year; a replica and a shot at the podium on his Enfield! Everyone is there to be beaten and you only have to look at this years result to see what could have been. To finish first, first you have to finish.

Sorry for the rant (if it was one?). I'd also like to thank everyone on here who has sent good wishes to brother Ol over the last two months, they are all much appreciated!

P.S. Did anyone notice Mick Moreton in the results on his Paton? I believe he lapped slower than on his G50 and was going through the trap at around 128mph - does this tell you anything?

David Linsdell
28-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
A question for the classic boys - by Tomcat - 19-10-2010, 08:17 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by maggie - 21-10-2010, 05:13 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by scruffy - 22-10-2010, 06:30 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by superted - 25-10-2010, 04:37 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by David Linsdell - 28-10-2010, 01:49 AM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by Gstarron - 17-11-2010, 04:33 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by Tomcat - 11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by superted - 12-11-2010, 07:04 PM