A question for the classic boys
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
RE: A question for the classic boys
(11-11-2010, 12:57 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Ted and Allan, I am 100% in agreement with you. The reason I posted this thread was so a few more riders might see it. As one who rode in 2010 I did get the email, but I wasn't sure if former riders were contacted. If they were, all well and good. If not, the club has lost possibly the most important information that could help them understand why entries are falling.

I'm also a little disappointed to see a rather vague reference to "replicas" - which could be taken as the problem Allan describes (or could be meaningless if somebody wasn't conscious of the issue). I'm afraid I can't agree with David on this issue, and neither do many riders (and ex riders!) I have spoken to. As we know this year the fast Patons and the MV all expired, which is the only reason a single won. They are so much faster they can negate the time lost refuelling. It's ridiculous and means reps are being priced out of the range of riders who have supported the races for years out of their own pocket, more so when current TT riders are brought in - paid to come, even, which creates an even bitterer pill when we face massive costs to ride already.

If the MMCC want to see a race comprised of more than 10 super-replicas with TT riders on them they need to listen to the clubmen, or we will be gone.

I accept that everyone has their own opinion, but forgive me if i'm wrong - when exactly was a TT rider, or indeed any rider, paid to ride in the Manx? There were rumours that Ryan was paid to ride, but I can categorically state that this is just that; a rumour.

The riders and sponsers that are being reffered to have done nothing but support the Manx at all times, and I think that it is wrong that people who have done nothing but play by the rules AND be extremely talented on a motorcycle are victimised and continue to have their achievments belittled!

People said the same of the K4's, but where would the grids be if they were excluded now (remembering that a 'traditional' single again holds the lap and race record)? I also believe, and will continue to do so, that if the riders at the top of the pile were on the works singles, that the result would not be any different, and the number of replicas awarded would remain the same.

So far the evidence would suggest that there is very little difference between rider's speeds on their singles and on their multi's (Alan MV and Manx, and the two conviniently forgotten Paton riders). People forget the differences in acceleration, braking, cornering, fuel consumption etc etc. To finish first, first you have to finish; remember that a Single just has, and will again in the future, win at the Classic Manx.

Alan, I hope that you and the others who have ceased to race the Manx for various reasons will consider a return, as you are greatly missed by all! You would, as ever, be firmly in the hunt for a podium finish.

David Linsdell
12-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
A question for the classic boys - by Tomcat - 19-10-2010, 08:17 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by maggie - 21-10-2010, 05:13 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by scruffy - 22-10-2010, 06:30 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by superted - 25-10-2010, 04:37 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by Gstarron - 17-11-2010, 04:33 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by Tomcat - 11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by David Linsdell - 12-11-2010, 05:11 PM
RE: A question for the classic boys - by superted - 12-11-2010, 07:04 PM