Spam and TTwebsite
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spam and TTwebsite
Unfortunately because of the amount of SPAM that has been generated recently, through someone collecting the email addresses displayed on this page, all email addresses will be suspended for a while until it is deemed safe to relist them in a way that will evade "collection".

Those of you who have had an email address previously and who wish to have an email address again, can contact me and I will generate a list of new addresses for uploading in the near future.

Sorry about this folks, but there is just no other solution for me at the moment.

Malcolm.

11-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Spam and TTwebsite
I had 371 spams on sunday------All wanting me to test laptops, cameras and ipods !

It is getting absolutely stupid now.
11-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian, one week away in Spain and I returned to over 4,000 in one mailbox alone and that is with filtering and a firewall in use. Just becoming too much now and really feel that something has to be done to stop these people generating this totally unwanted rubbish.
11-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fortunately, while I have been to Dubrovnik for two weeks, I have been able to "purge" my e-mail in-box on a daily basis. Had I not, I would have had a very full box (is that decent).

By the way:-
Crash helmets are not compulsory in Croatia and I blenched at the sight of lads, and lasses, on big capacity bikes wif no hats !

I run firewall and I try to trim in-coming e-mails using blocking criteriae but they still get through in bulk.

Wouldn't mind a few free laptops though !

I just erase the offers, has anyone tried one yet ??
11-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not me, I don't even bother to read them. I give them the Big X then empty the Deleted box every day.
11-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tis the reason I don't advertise my email address on open web sites, its a shame a few ruin it for the majority Sad

Oh if using OE Express as the mail client, you can set up rules (takes a little time to get going) that say if x = y then move to delete
11-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do exactly the same thing, Chris. I tried a spam filter but did not find it successful as there's a chance you may miss something actually meant for you. I usually get about 40 a day and they all seem to come from the US.
11-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

40 a day? i'd be so lucky. when yahoo started to charge for pop access to their accounts, i signed up for another freemail provider with pop access. it was great for about a year, and it has gradually build up to 150 emails a day.
12-10-2004, 11:52 AM