Course Licence Changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, according to the latest announcement on http://www.iomtt.com it looks as though its official now, although it still hasnt appeared on the ACU's website.

Qualifying to start in the 2006 TT/MGP will count as one meeting.

Finishing in the 2006 TT/MGP counts as another meeting.

You can only count a max of 3 meetings from your 2006 TT/MGP results.

So qualifying to start in 2 or more races only counts as 1 meeting as does finishing in the same amount of races at each of these events.

In other words, if you were a newcomer at this years MGP and got 3 rides and finished in each one, or rode in every TT race this year,and finished, it only counts the same as someone doing two 6 lap races (one class) at 2 Mallory(or equivalent short circuit) meetings, If you did this in the TT and the MGP it counts the same as doing 3 Mallory Park (or equivalent short circuit) meetings.

And thats an "improvement" :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll:
23-09-2006, 09:01 AM
maggie Offline

Threads: 7

The new announcement only came out yesterday afternoon, Helen. Disappointing as I had managed to construe from the original, non-official one that a "qualifying" and a "successful completion" would count as "2" for ALL races and not just those on the TT Course! How optimistic was I?! It's lucky that all of the riders affected have plenty of time to spare and ready access to the internet on a daily basis so's they are all aware of exactly what is going on!! (oops. sorry, sarcasm creeping in again there.....) :?
23-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Definite lack of clarity in the original statement, and do I detect a bit of "right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing", or did someone dare to tell before the master said it was ok?
Just hope everyone manages to qualify without too much expense, and also without needless risk at unfamiliar, unrelated circuits.
23-09-2006, 10:18 AM
maggie Offline

Just a suggestion but if there are people who think that they are still going to be struggling to qualify for the License in spite of the New Relaxed Rules :shock: , then how about writing a letter of appeal to the MMCC who might need to be given some idea in advance of how the entries for next year may be affected!
I know someone who has done 900 miles on his race-bike this year and has only got 5 signatures to show for it, which makes him "not sufficiently qualified". :?
23-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its not simply a case of being able to qualify for the licence, Maggie, its a case of qualifying for the licence then being able to AFFORD to do the MGP/TT AS WELL. I suspect that the MMCC will be quite aware of how enties are likely to be affected next year, (and apparently Mr Hanson recognised this fact in the meeting with Jim Parker, John Goodall etc) but, with typical head in the sand attitude, wont want to admit it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
24-09-2006, 09:45 AM
maggie Offline

I'm not so sure, Ammo. The distinct impression I got during Manx fortnight was that the MMCC WERE surprised by the drop in numbers, by the strength of the riders' protests and by the realisation that the grids would be even more depleted next year. I believe that they expected people to complain loudly and then to just accept that they must do more meetings. There is no way that they CAN know just how many riders will be hanging up their leathers if these "revised" rules stay as they are ...... unless they are TOLD by the riders themselves, or else some sort of survey is carried out.
I think that everyone accepts that the License is here to stay. Only the MMCC are in a position to convince the ACU that the current criteria are senseless and need to take more factors into account. :x
24-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30

Why don't we set up a geniuine poll to see who is thinking of not going next year
25-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Find Reply
maggie Offline

I agree that's what we need. Problem is that the majority of riders I know don't have Internet access! The MMCC would have all the necessary up-to-date cntact information but I doubt that they'd be keen to cover the cost of sending out over 300 letters! Any other ideas, anyone?
25-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Find Reply