DED confirms positive response to expressions of interest request for TT Series promo
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Threads: 1
RE: DED confirms positive response to expressions of interest request for TT Series promo
(14-03-2015, 07:51 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: I have just one main  worry about all this sell off job in the published statement of what the candidates had to be capable of doing was not only running the races but providing the marshals , now we struggle to get enough local marshals and a lot of local people that used to marshal that don't now blame the way that in their eyes the people at the top waste money  and all sorts of accusations that if I repeated would get me in to trouble , and as I see it will be joined by a lot more people if they think that some none Island billion air is going to be making even more money out of their good will , good will is a very easy thing to loose , and once lost damned hard if not impossible to get back , I just hope and pray this quest for more more more money does not kill off what good will we have left ,

Hi Eddie,

I think you've hit the nail on the head in this post.

This is exactly how I feel, I'm happy to marshal now, and don't want or need any recompense etc (as we all know it costs off Island marshals enough to come over anyway), but IMHO I see it as a way of thanking the Isle of Man for putting on such a a great spectacle and allowing me to be part of it.
But, why would I give up my time to make a corporate organisation richer, I don't sit at my desk working for nothing every week, why would I do it sitting up a mountain for two weeks to allow another corporate and their shareholders to take dividends away from the island on the goodwill of the orange army?
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
16-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DED confirms positive response to expressions of interest request for TT Series promo - by Smidsy - 16-03-2015, 10:36 AM