Did the steampacket hire the extra ship?
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Did the steampacket hire the extra ship?
Lol Eddy - you wondered what the margins were and I was aware that there was a parliamentary report so I linked you to it. No agenda from me, I was just trying to help. I was aware however that it was dull reading hence the "knock yourself out". It was an attempt at humour which appears to have failed miserably.

Reading the comments on the now closed forum it is clear that visitors feel the fares are excessive and those fares are a deterrent to potential visitors. What a parliamentary report concludes is irrelevant and it certainly doesn't change the perception at TT and MGP time. To that extent I certainly don't agree with the findings.

Sadly, SP follow the same business models to many travel operators (sea rail and air). They have a bewildering fare structure which is compounded by heavy discounting. This means that the average customer has no idea what they might be charged. I advocate a return to a transparent fare structure which is fair to all customers (locals, visitors and freight).
23-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did the steampacket hire the extra ship? - by taxman - 23-06-2015, 01:09 PM