Did the steampacket hire the extra ship?
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Did the steampacket hire the extra ship?
(23-06-2015, 01:09 PM)taxman Wrote: Sadly, SP follow the same business models to many travel operators (sea rail and air). They have a bewildering fare structure which is compounded by heavy discounting. This means that the average customer has no idea what they might be charged. I advocate a return to a transparent fare structure which is fair to all customers (locals, visitors and freight).

2014 was my first visit to the TT and I found it staggering that despite eventually getting through and booking the sailings that I wanted I had no idea what my balance would be until the invoice arrived six months later. When I say no idea I mean literally no idea - it could have been anything from £200 to £800 or even more.

I don't think you'll ever move away from the more expensive fares at TT time any more than you'll move away from increases in travel/holiday during the school holidays, but surely having some transparency isn't too hard?

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
23-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did the steampacket hire the extra ship? - by HammerHead - 23-06-2015, 04:55 PM