What would you like to see changed for next year?
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
What would you like to see changed for next year?
Personally I would like to see one of the 600 Supersport races changed to a 600 Stock/proddy race, think that would be good.
Either scrap the electric race or make it a 3 lapper with pit stop to change batteries.
24-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
I'd like to see:

Moto 3 bikes.

The riders to go off in number order all the way through the field.

FM radio around the whole course.

A shower block at Claddagh

And a McDonald's in Ramsey (Actually a Subway would be better Smile )

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
24-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
I think now is the time for the electric bikes to have to do two laps. They have the speed now, but endurance is not there yet. I know the speed over two laps will be slower at first, but look where they have come from when the only just managed their very first laps. Was it in the region of 87? 
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2016, 02:10 PM by Malcolm.)
24-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
The TTXGP/Zero winning times are:

2009 - 87.434 (25:53.50)
2010 - 96.820 (23:22.89)
2011 - 99.604 (22:43.68)
2012 - 104.056 (21:45.33)
2013 - 109.675 (20:38.461)
2014 - 117.366 (19:17.300)
2015 - 119.279 (18:58.743)

The speeds are now close to the twins (lap record is 15 seconds slower) so from that point of view maybe it is time to increase it to 2 laps. The low entry numbers though will surely decline further if the distance is doubled. After all the 6th place finisher (last in 2014 and 2015) has gone from 81.515 (2013) to 77.956 (2014) then 73.156 this year.

I agree with DBD that maybe a stock 600 would give a little more variety if replacing one of the supersport races. It may give some of the privateers more chance to run with a little less spend.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2016, 02:11 PM by Malcolm.)
24-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I dont think that two laps or more will happen. For the weight of the batterys, it would be like swaping an engine in a petrol bike. Mugen said at the TT this year that were were not going to practice the day before the race as the batterys need to cool down for 24hrs before accepting a full charge. ( generally btterys need to be charge cold, and discharged warm) The cost for a replacement battery pack would be prohibative for the smaller teams resulting in an even smaller grid.
MotoCzysz were tweeting something about them wanting to do it a few days ago.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
24-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I don't think Newcomers should be on 1000cc bikes.
I agree that if we must have an electric race, at least 2 laps would give the race some credibility. It really does need scrapping, or changing to a dual fuel race.
24-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Find Reply
Dougboy
Unregistered

Riders going off in number order right down the field. My 2015 Raceguide remains unopened and I won't bother to buy one again.
(Apparently no one has complained to the organizers, so they assume everyone must be happy)
24-06-2015, 10:45 AM
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
I would love to see a two lap electric race, but this could only be achieved either by running a slower pace, 'Mugen' who posts on here said some months ago they could do two laps now but at a slower speed, or by changing bikes at the pitstop, which is what the Formula E cars do, but obviously this would double the cost of competing.

Changing batteries I dont think is possible, the batteries are an integral part of the machine and are spaced in various places, as someone else said in an earlier post it would probably take a similar amount of time to a superbike engine change.

i would like to see the class develop as it gives some variety, but I think for the class to ever increase grid size it would require someone like Mugen to market customer motor kits for teams to then build a competitive bike around, and then provide updated parts to those teams as development continues, similar to the satellite Motogp set up.
24-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Find Reply
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Threads: 1
(24-06-2015, 10:26 AM)Splashdown Wrote: I don't think Newcomers should be on 1000cc bikes.
I agree that if we must have an electric race, at least 2 laps would give the race some credibility. It really does need scrapping, or changing to a dual fuel race.

Dual fuel, now there's a thought, that would be interesting, but a mine field to set up, limit the conventional engine size, heavily restrict the amount of fuel?

Newcomers not allowed on 1000cc bikes is also interesting Nick, we'd miss out on those riders like Peter Hickman who obviously suit the bigger bikes more so than the smaller.

For a post that's going to really start the debate , if I could work out how to add to your forum rep I would.
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2015, 11:08 AM by Smidsy.)
24-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I would like to see a bit more variety of bikes in the Senior like we use to have.
It would also have been nice to have the Classic TT race at the TT!
I agree with Splashdown ref newcomers not being on the 1000cc bikes.
I was also going to say the number system should be a no brainer to go back to where it was, but that is something else that is not going to happen sadly.
I will finish with a question. Is it any safer in the pit lane with the speed limiter, or should we go back to the stop box?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
+1. Oh yes, I forgot that one. I won't watch another race that has that stupid system. There's only one way to watch that sort of race, and that's on an computer.
It was one of the reasons I didn't go to to the TT this year.
The ridiculous thing about it is that M.D. crashed due to a lapped rider crashing in front of him.
The top lads are lapping slower riders by lap 3, so there's no real gain, and the loss is the extra effort competitors make in practice to try and gain a lower number. Barmy.
I used to think that overtaking played a part in racing, but clearly I'm wrong.
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
(24-06-2015, 11:07 AM)c iom tt Wrote: I would like to see a bit more variety of bikes in the Senior like we use to have.
It would also have been nice to have the Classic TT race at the TT!
I agree with Splashdown ref newcomers not being on the 1000cc bikes.
I was also going to say the number system should be a no brainer to go back to where it was, but that is something else that is not going to happen sadly.
I will finish with a question. Is it any safer in the pit lane with the speed limiter, or should we go back to the stop box?

Hi, in answer to your second question, we have plenty of classic racing, it was called the manx, If we have a classic race at the TT then that would be the end for the September event whatever it is called
24-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Find Reply
STEVEVTR Offline

Threads: 5
I would like to see a classic race added as well, also the numbering system should go back to the old way, its probably why people dont buy the programe anymore.
As regards the newcomers on 1000 cc bikes perhaps they should have to do the Manx first?
24-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
The other thing, is to move Laxey day away from Laxey Smile

Sounds daft, but I'd love to see the event. But can't get anywhere near it!

They used to have an event in Castletown with all the classic racers etc. Used to run up the engines, was a brilliant afternoon, not seen it for years.

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
24-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
SteelieGreg Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
(24-06-2015, 10:26 AM)Splashdown Wrote: I don't think Newcomers should be on 1000cc bikes.

What about following the format of the formula E cars?I'm not a fan of car racing particularly but they achieve decent race distances by swapping cars half way through rather than swapping batteries. I appreciate this would dramatically increase the cost and therefore reduce the field still further, it's a balance isn't it!! I do think they need to up the size of the grid and look for ways to make two lap races feasible though. 
24-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
+1 on the Senior having anything in it....not sure what if anything else would be available through
24-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
1.Cheaper boat tickets
2.1 max Subaru lap
3.All Marshals recieving a race programme.(nonne left this year)
4.Boat tickets updated so when you buy you are being tied into various rules ie staying off closed roads.

Nothing else really,love it the way it is

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
24-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

Threads: 1
On the racing front I would say leave well enough alone. I think it's perfect.
24-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
(24-06-2015, 11:07 AM)c iom tt Wrote: I will finish with a question. Is it any safer in the pit lane with the speed limiter, or should we go back to the stop box?

Yes it’s massively safer in the pits with the speed limit. I’ve done pit stops from both sides with both systems and all I can say about the stop box is it was a major accident waiting to happen. It will never be reintroduced as the FIM won’t allow it. The 60kph limit now being used is an international standard for any circuit in the world. 

I'll finish it one day!
24-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
(24-06-2015, 02:29 PM)smokey125 Wrote:  Yes it’s massively safer in the pits with the speed limit. I’ve done pit stops from both sides with both systems and all I can say about the stop box is it was a major accident waiting to happen. It will never be reintroduced as the FIM won’t allow it. The 60kph limit now being used is an international standard for any circuit in the world. 

I preferred the Stop Box, however the speeds the riders reach going through gasoline alley is an accident waiting to happen unfortunately. The limit is the most sensible option in my humble opnion (unfortunately).
24-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Find Reply